Colorado Unit 70

KJ023

For the first time, I'll be hunting unit 70 of Colorado this year on a second-season tag. Unfortunately, I have little information with regard to starting places and spent most of the fall hunting in Wyoming and in Utah. Is anyone willing to provide information — either specific or general — as to how (or where) I should hunt in this unit? Thanks in advance.

I just hunted the adjacent unit to the south last week and saw LOTS of deer, but no decent bucks. The aspen leaves just fell and it was loud walking thru the forest. The thing that may help you is that they are predicting some snow on Sunday/ Monday. Might get them moving a bit and make walking quieter for a few days. But the few small bucks I saw were still in bachelor groups just below timberline. The rut won’t be starting yet so it could be some tough hunting. You will see lots of does and fawns everywhere. Herd in general seems in good shape.

I've hunted it three times during the 3rd season. Each time was worst than before but still deer and I enjoy the terrain as it's like what I hunted in Central Oregon as a kid. If you PM me I can give you some pointers but they are no secret for sure.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom