Colorado Units 66 v 67 (2nd season deer)

gfontela

I'm considering applying for both of these units for a 2nd season hunt this year and was hoping anyone with some familiarity can tell me their thoughts on the units and specifically differences and preferences between them for a second season hunt. I've heard that the deer populations are doing pretty well in both units recently, and think they might provide a decent opportunity at a representative buck. I'm hoping to try to have a reasonable opportunity at a 160+ type buck. Thanks in advance.

I would go for 67. I honestly don't think 8 points will be enough for 66 this year. You might get lucky, but it would be risky.

do you guys think they will cut tag numbers due to later season dates? last year both units had 175 tags for 2nd rifle

From what I have been reading in a few places it sounds like the deer herds in these two units might be rebounding which is why they have raised tag numbers the last couple of years. Hopefully that trend continues. I think that the winter has been pretty mild so far this year, but what do I know, I'm in Florida!

What’s everyone’s thought on how many pts these two hunts creep for 2nd season? I’m considering 67 w 5pts. Last yr it took 3

Many people are considering burning double digit NR points in 2ns season Gunnison units (me included). Roll the dice 66, but may not be enough. I think many people will be disappointed and not draw tags they think they could get with last years points. I have well over enough for a 3rd season 55 tag last year, and it is very unlikely I will draw it this year (so a southern Gunnison unit application likely for me).

Many people are considering burning double digit NR points in 2ns season Gunnison units (me included). Roll the dice 66, but may not be enough. I think many people will be disappointed and not draw tags they think they could get with last years points. I have well over enough for a 3rd season 55 tag last year, and it is very unlikely I will draw it this year (so a southern Gunnison unit application likely for me).
U could do second season 55? I’ve saw some great deer there in archery

My son is thinking to apply for 2nd season in unit 66 with 11 NR points and I am thinking to apply for 3rd season unit 67 with 19 NR points. I’d like to get 3rd season unit 66, but I don‘t think 19 points will be enough.

My son is thinking to apply for 2nd season in unit 66 with 11 NR points and I am thinking to apply for 3rd season unit 67 with 19 NR points. I’d like to get 3rd season unit 66, but I don‘t think 19 points will be enough.
If you looked up what it took to apply and went off of what everyone voted in a poll I posted it would go to say that it would be what it took last year plus two points

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom