colorado units 68, 681, 682

bbarron2018

I drew a 3rd season deer tag in the unit cluster 68, 681, and 682. I plan to spend the most time in units 68 and 681.
Any information on this area would be greatly appreciated!

I hunted it last year. Didn’t scout and put in 3 full days. The first buck I saw on day one was the biggest I found. Didn’t find a lot of bucks and maybe 4 that broke 140. Found the one from the first morning at last late and filled my tag. Scored 160. Beautiful country but I was surprised at the few bucks I saw. Warm weather and no snow so perhaps the big ones survived for this year. The one I shot was with does, but very little rutting behavior. Good luck

I had this tag last year. We hunted it hard for about 5 days. And had a good time. One buddy shot a 190” brute and I missed the biggest buck of my life. ( which isn’t saying much ?) I did end up shooting a 170 class buck on the last min on my way back to the truck to head home! And our other buddy didn’t even get his gun out of his pack the entire time. He never saw anything over 150. I think that third season is a little later this year that will only help. Good luck!

Did anyone hunt these units in the fall of 2020? Wondering if anyone has some input on the 2nd season rifle? In 2021 the season runs First week of November.

Good hunt overall. I saw lots of deer and several nice bucks in the 150-160 range. The bucks were with does and showing signs of the rut the entire hunt.
Cool thanks for the reply. We applied for 2nd season here. When does CO draw? in the past we have always just done pref points. So this is the first year actually applying.

I was seriously thinking about trying this unit 3rd season with 9 points changed my mind... I imagine it was 20+ plus for a 4th season tag....

68 3rd went above 10 pts. I know myself and two others didn’t draw it. 13 pts did I know that. Thought I was safe since 7 drew it last year, until it gets mentioned in certain magazines seasons got pushed back... then all bets are off I guess ? hopefully this winter will not be bad and a few good ones don’t get smoked in the sage in 3rd and 4th this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom