Colorado Whitetail

COPLAINSHNTR

2019 Colorado Whitetail season was good to me. I was able to draw an either sex tag and picked up 2 doe tags as leftovers. The early rifle season was a tough hunt as most of the corn was still up and the deer were stuck in the corn. As the December hunt rolled around the corn was down and the deer were out. I hunted 4 days total in December, and frustrated is an understatement. I was able to take a doe and fawn no problem, but the bucks were outsmarting me. Every time I thought I knew what they were going to do they did the opposite. On the 4th day, after walking 35 miles and just being completely worn out I decided rather than go home without filling my tag I would just try and take a doe. As luck would have it I got into the middle of the deer in a drainage leading to the corn. I spooked a doe and a fawn as I was walking the drainage, they ran out the far side and stopped. I was able to get a glass on them, but in doing so I noticed a buck going out of the drainage as well as several more deer. I took a quick range on the buck at 624, dialed the scope, settled the crosshairs on his shoulder and squeezed the trigger. I watched the bullet impact in the scope and he only went a few yards and piled up. Now this is not the monster that I was hoping for, but
IMG_3495.JPG
IMG_3500.JPG
IMG_3502.JPG
IMG_3487.JPG
all the hard work and frustrations that went along with him make him one of my favorite deer that I have ever taken!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom