Colorado Wolf reintroduction questionnaire

CarlCCox3

Hey guys, feel free to respond as you please! I am currently enrolled at Colorado Mesa University, and for one of my final's I'm supposed to write an essay about a topic of my choosing, and I'm supposed to conduct my own research. The topic that I chose was "The reintroduction of wolves in Colorado and how they will affect livestock and the big game population". Listed below are a few questions if you guys are willing to take a few seconds and answer them that would be amazing!! I know this is out of the ordinary for this website but it was worth a shot! Thanks in advance!

Do you think that the eastern slope should have such a big impact on what happens and what would affect the western side of colorado?

How do you think it will affect livestock and big game animals?

How will ranchers and hunters react if they encounter a wolf out in the field?

Do you think the wolves will last if so how long, if not, and if poached, do you think they will try harder to reintroduce the wolves?

Thanks again if you guys answer, I really appreciate your input!!

1. No.

2. Negatively. I think the “wolves cause the elk herds to grow“ is bs.

3. Legally. I would expect ranchers to defend their property. And I suppose hunters will shoot a few accidentally as is the case for elk/moose and lynx/bobcrats.

4. Yes. They will continue to throw money at it until it works. I doubt there is a contingency plan to abandon the effort.

I would like to see more publicity about the costs and economic impact of this. People might push back more if they knew the true cost of this stuff.

1- no, 2 the wolves will push the Elk Herds into communities and farm ground, 3- legally no one will touch or shoot a wolf in Colorado because you all will be threatened with lifetime loss of hunting license and prison time, you will sit and watch for many years. 4- There is so much wasted money, for example the wolf recovery office in San Francisco. Money for Depredation. Money for Goverment Hunters. All the wasted money on tracking,flying and protecting the Wolves. 20 years from now Colorado will declare all out war on the Wolves just like Idaho did last week.

Thank you for your input! I can’t say whether or not i agree with you but I’m a avid hunter and ranch a lot so that would probably tell you!

You don’t have to agree with me, I lived it in Idaho, shot one of the first Wolves in Idaho, heavily involved with getting them off the endangered list, and have seen all the wasted money. I love hunting them. Good luck on your adventure

You don’t have to agree with me, I lived it in Idaho, shot one of the first Wolves in Idaho, heavily involved with getting them off the endangered list, and have seen all the wasted money. I love hunting them. Good luck on your adventure
How were you heavily involved in the delisting? Thought it was a rider on another bill. Just curious. mtmuley

Do you think that the eastern slope should have such a big impact on what happens and what would affect the western side of colorado? >>>>>Answer- No!

How do you think it will affect livestock and big game animals? >>>>>Answer-Ranchers will lose livestock and Big Game populations will suffer. One wolf will generally kill and eat 20 deer and around 22 elk(per wolf in a pack) a year.

How will ranchers and hunters react if they encounter a wolf out in the field?>>> Answer- Ranchers have no love lost for wolves due to the impact on their livestock and many hunters feel the same since it impacts Big Game populations in a negative way.

Do you think the wolves will last if so how long, if not, and if poached, do you think they will try harder to reintroduce the wolves?>>>> Answer- Look at Idaho, Montana and Western Wyoming, that should provide some insight on how long they will last.

No, urban areas should not have a big voice in how the ag and ranch lands are managed.
Wolves WILL have a negative impact on elk, deer and moose populations. Just look at Montana, Wy, and Idaho.
Ranchers and hunters will remove any wolf they legally can which will be very few.
Wolf introduction is based on politics not sound wildlife Mgt!

I think wolf reintroductions a bad idea. First I’ve seen the impacts of them in Minnesota. Minnesota, parts of Wisconsin and Michigan never lost their wolf populations. The wolfs kill cattle, horses, and everything they can.

Hey guys, feel free to respond as you please! I am currently enrolled at Colorado Mesa University, and for one of my final's I'm supposed to write an essay about a topic of my choosing, and I'm supposed to conduct my own research. The topic that I chose was "The reintroduction of wolves in Colorado and how they will affect livestock and the big game population". Listed below are a few questions if you guys are willing to take a few seconds and answer them that would be amazing!! I know this is out of the ordinary for this website but it was worth a shot! Thanks in advance!

Do you think that the eastern slope should have such a big impact on what happens and what would affect the western side of colorado?

How do you think it will affect livestock and big game animals?

How will ranchers and hunters react if they encounter a wolf out in the field?

Do you think the wolves will last if so how long, if not, and if poached, do you think they will try harder to reintroduce the wolves?

Thanks again if you guys answer, I really appreciate your input!!
You can ask us how we feel about this but my thoughts would be if you are writing an essay, you could look into the States that have wolves and find specific data/results such as how much $ is spent on reimbursing ranchers and the overall impacts on elk and deer herd numbers as they are really astounding. I'm not in favor of having uneducated people decide the fate of our wildlife. Simply put, why do we employ a significant number of Wildlife professionals but not consider their input. It's true insanity and a huge waste of $ to see what's going to happen.

You can ask us how we feel about this but my thoughts would be if you are writing an essay, you could look into the States that have wolves and find specific data/results such as how much $ is spent on reimbursing ranchers and the overall impacts on elk and deer herd numbers as they are really astounding. I'm not in favor of having uneducated people decide the fate of our wildlife. Simply put, why do we employ a significant number of Wildlife professionals but not consider their input. It's true insanity and a huge waste of $ to see what's going to happen.
I agree. Also the argument that the wolfs we have weren’t smaller in size is bull. This area and Wyoming mainly had Mexican Grey wolfs, with a mix of the Canadian wolfs do they really thing they didn’t share genetics where they Mexican wolfs are smaller in size? Like I’ll quote Biden here come on man!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom