Colt Combat Commander

feddoc

Long Time Member
A friend of mine wants to sell a Colt Combat Commander, 1972 model. There is some holster wear on one side (it belonged to LEO in Colorado) and a small chip is missing from the wood grip. Bluing looks otherwise good for a gun that is nearly 50 years old. S/N is 70BSXXXX.

How much is it worth?

Thanks.

gnb3Cd3.jpg

W78ymOM.jpg

g5AmP41.jpg

It's been a while since I bought a similar one, I paid $800, that was for LNIB. In today's market, I think this one would go for nearly that.

If made in 1972, that was before Colt's quality control took a nose dive in the mid to later 70's. I used to have 2 of those and sold them many years ago and regret it to this day.
I have not kept up on prices, but you can try checking gun broker and other auction sites, gunsamerica, and see what they are pricing them at. Grips is no problem, you can find original or aftermarket with ease.
RELH

The last one I had I sold to a dealer at a gun show 3 years ago for $900. It was a series 70 MK IV with a Bomar adjustable sight. He put it on his table for $1250 that afternoon. It was gone the next day!
Still kicking myself for selling it at all!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom