Colts Seven Serpents or the Snake Guns

hawkbill

Very Active Member
I have been reading about Colts famous Snake Guns,( Cobra, Viper, Diamond Back, King Cobra, Python,Boa and the Anaconda. Colt is or has remade 4 of the 7 pistols. I have been considering buying the new Anaconda 44 Mag, but then I saw the Stainless Steel Python in the 357 with wood grips and now I want the whole collection. Both of these revolvers run around 1600.00. I have also found that Colt made target and military models. I know a bunch of you guys are holding onto these beautiful pistols, would you mind sowing pictures of them or does anyone have the whole collection. Thanks Hawkbill
FD2342E8-3459-4317-8CA9-2C8DF3D465A8.jpeg

I’ve never been revolver guy. About 15 years ago, maybe more a guy at work offered to sell me a 70’s era colt python in 357 for next to nothing and I didn’t take him up on it. Seeing prices now and kinda liking revolvers more then I did makes me sure wish I would have

I don't have any colt revolvers but have a number of S&W and a couple Kimber. I've been very tempted to buy the King Cobra. Considering inflation, $999 doesn't seem like a terrible price to pay.

Way back in the day when I went through the police academy, I used a king Cobra 4" because I couldn't afford a python. I was only able to carry it on patrol for a few months before the agency switched to semi auto's. Over the years I have been in the right place at the right time to collect a variety of Pythons in different finishes and barrel lengths. The old pythons and anacondas are safe queens for me anymore, and I'll play around with the King Cobras a few times a year. One day I will luck into a Kodiak. Thats my dream Colt revolver.
The new production Colts have my attention now just to keep the collector value of my old revolvers. Im glad Colt brought them back.

Way back in the day when I went through the police academy, I used a king Cobra 4" because I couldn't afford a python. I was only able to carry it on patrol for a few months before the agency switched to semi auto's. Over the years I have been in the right place at the right time to collect a variety of Pythons in different finishes and barrel lengths. The old pythons and anacondas are safe queens for me anymore, and I'll play around with the King Cobras a few times a year. One day I will luck into a Kodiak. Thats my dream Colt revolver.
The new production Colts have my attention now just to keep the collector value of my old revolvers. Im glad Colt brought them back.
It's cool that Colt is making the snake guns again, but they aren't near the quality of the older guns. My guess is that the older ones will continue to increase in value while the new ones will just be so so. Just my 2 cents.
What is a Colt Kodiak?

It's cool that Colt is making the snake guns again, but they aren't near the quality of the older guns. My guess is that the older ones will continue to increase in value while the new ones will just be so so. Just my 2 cents.
What is a Colt Kodiak?
The Colt Kodiak was a special edition Anaconda. The biggest difference is the unflutted cylinder and production numbers was around 2,000 I believe.

From what I read, the new ones are better machined, better triggers and polished a tad better and shoot well

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom