Commanche Wilderness Outfitters Drop Camp Hunts

Fellow hunters, after many years of prodding I have finally got my 80 year old dad to consider going on an elk hunt. He said he would like to do a drop camp if possible. I don't know much about Colorado. But I do know the area where Commanche Wilderness hunts because I went to a dude ranch on vacation 3 times. So I guess I will start there. Does any one have any info. about how the hunts in his drop camps go. Does his hunters have decent opportunities. My dad is in really good shape for his age and getting around the mountains wouldn't
be impossible for him. We would just be looking for a good representative class bull. A monster is not necessary. Any info. would be great.

>8500 for a drop camp?
>That's my whole hunting budget for
>6-8 states per year.

That's for up to 4 people, so $2,125 per hunter.

#livelikezac

Fellow hunters, after many years of prodding I have finally got my 80 year old dad to consider going on an elk hunt. He said he would like to do a drop camp if possible. I don't know much about Colorado. But I do know the area where Commanche Wilderness hunts because I went to a dude ranch on vacation 3 times. So I guess I will start there. Does any one have any info. about how the hunts in his drop camps go. Does his hunters have decent opportunities. My dad is in really good shape for his age and getting around the mountains wouldn't
be impossible for him. We would just be looking for a good representative class bull. A monster is not necessary. Any info. would be great.
Did you go with CWO outfitters? If so how was your experience?

Sorry for the long delay men. I took that bull with Compass West Outfitters in NM December 2020. I never went on the drop camp hunt. But am going this December with Commanche Wilderness Outfitters for a plains mule deer hunt. Maybe I will have some good tales from that hunt.Good hunting to everyone this fall.

Just wrapped up my Eastern Plains hunt with Commanche Wilderness Outfitters. Had an awesome time . My guide was first class and hard working. He never rested in trying to find me and the other hunter a quality animal. Hunting was a little tough. The weather was quite warm and the wind blew constantly. I did finally get a deer I was happy with. Saw a lot of young bucks that will be really good deer in the next few years. Their accommodations are second to none for this hunt. I hunted the second week of the late season and the guys the previous week to 3 bucks over 190". So still some good deer floating around.
Resized_20221211_212905.jpeg

Just wrapped up my Eastern Plains hunt with Commanche Wilderness Outfitters. Had an awesome time . My guide was first class and hard working. He never rested in trying to find me and the other hunter a quality animal. Hunting was a little tough. The weather was quite warm and the wind blew constantly. I did finally get a deer I was happy with. Saw a lot of young bucks that will be really good deer in the next few years. Their accommodations are second to none for this hunt. I hunted the second week of the late season and the guys the previous week to 3 bucks over 190". So still some good deer floating around.View attachment 96995
Great buck! How wide is that bad boy, @Platemaker4312 ?

did you ever get your dad out for an elk hunt?
No. Not for that hunt. My deer hunt guide is also one of Scotts elk guide up in the wilderness area. He said those hunts are at 12000 feet and really a physical hunt. So he really didn't recommend that hunt for someone 80 years old. Or for the most part some on much over 50. So I and talking to him about some more options.

Did you See Any Decent Whitetail Bucks?

No. Not for that hunt. My deer hunt guide is also one of Scotts elk guide up in the wilderness area. He said those hunts are at 12000 feet and really a physical hunt. So he really didn't recommend that hunt for someone 80 years old. Or for the most part some on much over 50. So I and talking to him about some more options.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom