Concealed Weapons Permits ?

BIGJOHNT

Long Time Member
My Arizona Concealed weapons permit is up for renewal. I only got it to added a few more States to my Utah permit. With some of the new laws and changes. Is it still necessary to keep my Arizona permit ?

You will need to check with Arizona to ascertain which states will recognize their CCW permit. If it is the same states as your Utah permit, no need to renew it. If it has some states that recognize Arizona and not Utah, you may want to renew if those states are important to you.

Forget CA. This state does not recognize any CCW permit from other states.

RELH

Hold on RELH... Ref California.

What if BIGJOHNT's Concealed Handgun was Made: "South of the Border". It may easily be claimed to be in a Sanctuary State and therefore, safe and proper in California.

Additionally, any Law Enforcement Agency would be held by THEIR Policy, to avoid detaining BIGJOHNT due to PROFILING (his Handgun).

California Law Makers always leave Loopholes :)

Jagerdad :) :) :)

I have stopped about 3 out of state citizens packing heat with a out of state CCW. All three were kind enough to advise me at the first contact they were armed and had a CCW.
After checking their CCW they drove off into the sunset with me wishing them a safe and happy trip. I trusted them more then I do our liberal state politicians.

RELH

I thought they where passing a law. That all state would recognize other state CCW permits. Except for those few states like California.

So at a quick glance it looks like the only advantage to the Arizona permit would be access to New Mexico.

>So at a quick glance it
>looks like the only advantage
>to the Arizona permit would
>be access to New Mexico.
>

For the western United States yes . But you do pick up a few more in the east. I haven't been east of the rocky mountains in 30 years. But I think I will renew it anyway.

I do not understand the Pictured maps. Is there a website we can view to see and understand more....?

Jagerdad

>So at a quick glance it
>looks like the only advantage
>to the Arizona permit would
>be access to New Mexico.
>

>>For the western United States yes . But you do pick up a few more in the east. I haven't been east of the rocky mountains in 30 years. But I think I will renew it anyway.

I don't see any picked up in the east. Back east Utah has all of Arizona's and then some.

Jagerdad, I understand that you are retired law enforcement. Are you familiar with H.R.218, Law Enforcement Officers safety Act, "LEOSA".

Concerning carrying concealed in other states.

RELH

>You will need to check with
>Arizona to ascertain which states
>will recognize their CCW permit.
>If it is the same
>states as your Utah permit,
>no need to renew it.
>If it has some states
>that recognize Arizona and not
>Utah, you may want to
>renew if those states are
>important to you.
>
> Forget CA. This
>state does not recognize any
>CCW permit from other states.
>
>
>
>
>
>
> RELH

Thanks to W. Bush, I've got a 50 states permit.....for now.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

So do I. Just finished my yearly qualification last month since I will be going out of state several times this year.

RELH

Actually RELH, Ref: Post #12 above..
I never knew or read H.R. 218 until today. "Now" things said on our Sheriff's Range makes sense. The Range Masters ask if I/We want some out of State form. I always say yes but never understood what its for. The form covers Law Enforcement folks due to two words in H.R. 218. The words are: "SAME TYPE".

SAME TYPE = Semi Auto vs Revolver. I can qualify with my 1911 and my Revolver and have BOTH TYPES covered.

I simply need to carry such forms on Travel.

Now I read matters that seem crazy "To Me" @ https://www.gunstocarry.com/ccw-reciprocity-map/

The Firearm Owners Protection Act (FOPA) was enacted on May 19, 1986, by President Ronald Reagan. It was designed to reform the Gun Control Act of 1968 due to reported abuse by the ATF and other issues. The Act also introduced new provisions such as a ban on machine guns, safe passage for travelers, registry prohibition, and clarification of who was a prohibited person. A detailed description of the Firearm Owners Protection Act can be viewed at Wikipedia.

We will focus on the Safe Passage Provision as it is the provision most related to reciprocity and out-of-state travel. The Safe Passage provision was introduced to protect persons traveling from state to state with a firearm. Before the FOPA a person traveling through a state with strict firearms laws could be incarcerated for a firearms offense.
----------
Now a gun owner can safely travel through a state where it would be illegal for him to possess a firearm if the possession of the firearm is legal in the state of origin and final destination. Certain conditions must be met to ensure the law will protect a person. These are that the person is just traveling through the state and only makes short stops for food and gas. The firearm is not accessible and is unloaded and in a locked container if the vehicle does not have a compartment separate from the driver?s compartment. The firearm may not be used for self-defense during the trip.
----------
The above last paragraph should be read a couple of times and try to make sense of it.
HOMER may be far more correct than ever.

BIGJOHNT I wish you luck Brother in making sense of such times.

Jagerdad :) & :-(

Sorry Eel, Feddoc in Post #15 above FAR out EEL'ED YOU in humors.

Now YOU ( and Elk ) are falling far behind in Oratorical Bombastic Chicanery.

Feddoc RULES.... So assume your places in Second and Third Humor.

Great Job my friend Feddoc. Word wise ( Above ) I set your Dog's after the Eel & Elk and it was a SHORT chase. Your little Doggies ate them up :)

Jagerdad :)

PS: BIGJOHNT, If you decide this or that, please Post it here. Everyone is Learning, especially myself.

PSS: Many of you reading this good Post should be jumping in insofar as do you, when you might, if you Travel....do you have a shoot'en Iron or none because of serious worries. This is AMERICA and we should never be worried about being: Illegal. Nor should we be Illegal, ever.

Uncle BIGJOHNT,
Has anyone ( In Campfire or Monster Muleys + Founder ) actually GIVEN You good help...?

Jagerdad :)

Of course ! A bunch of good eggs on here. :) Happy Easter ! That link that was posted up had different info then the one I was looking at, it helped.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-05-18 AT 04:18PM (MST)[p]I have a Nevada ccw as well. Got it in Nye county. Had to qualify at a place called the Cherry Patch ranch.. it was weird.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends..

>I have a Nevada CCW. And
>for states that don't reciprocate
>I have the same kind
>eel has.

It seems like there are a lot of plumbers and retired law Enforcement officers on this web site. Not sure why.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom