Corner crossing case

Yeah that’s why Nripepe tried to spoon feed you but you’re still stuck on mommy’s teat……….
He also said you blew allot of hot air so there's that and he just doesn't understand what takes place when the game and fish verify where you've been neither do you

Also ive used a error making handheld gps system to show where I've been to landowners and game wardens with 0 issues

Ever find a survey marker under two feet of snow? The atmospheric conditions of thick clouds, blowing snow and high wind seriously impact the accuracy of GPS. Get serious as your IGNORANCE is apparent…….Learn what affects a GPS. Geez….
Please explain how wind affects a gps signal?

Please explain how wind affects a gps signal?
Rain and snow affect the receiving signal. Serious winds can move your antenna or blow the unit around causing spurious signal reception and large movements in your hand affecting signal reception……….Google it, maybe you’ll actually learn about atmospheric conditions and their affect on GPS.

I got bad news for ya. My pins on onx have never moved in any amount of wind I know
Because I can mark a specific tree and it's still on that same tree a year later. What's that tell ya bill nye the science guy?

Wait until the next generation GPS III satellites get launched next year and we can have this accuracy discussion all over again. (But this thread may still be active.) ;)

I got bad news for ya. My pins on onx have never moved in any amount of wind I know
Because I can mark a specific tree and it's still on that same tree a year later. What's that tell ya bill nye the science guy?
Obviously you don’t even begin to understand the argument though not surprising coming from you……Go out in a winter snowstorm with a 40 mph wind and the accuracy can degrade……

Obviously you don’t even begin to understand the argument though not surprising coming from you……Go out in a winter snowstorm with a 40 mph wind and the accuracy can degrade……
I have it's satellite imaging i can find a tree on onx stand rite next to it and it shows I'm standing rite next to it what do you make of that?

I have it's satellite imaging i can find a tree on onx stand rite next to it and it shows I'm standing rite next to it what do you make of that?
You want a gold star on your forehead. Many go out finding geo cache sites and don’t brag about it.
03257FF3-70A5-4BDE-A4B0-588003E9AF8C.jpeg

Hilarious you're the one who says you can't find one unless you walk in circles for hours
I’ve found them before we even had GPS but most people didn’t care much back in the 70s and 80s. I have found dozens and about 90% of them, I attempted to cross. I‘ve even crossed the exact corner in question long before those two poles were installed and the present landowner took over. I can’t wait for you to go try, I’ll be reading about you in the News about the guy who got a Trespassing citation……….

Can I camp out in your backyard on that last 10 feet of your property. It seems you don’t care about private property rights. Asking for a friend………

Yes. Yes you can. If your skinny

I have 11inches on the back of my yard that is "non existent". Neighbor behind does too.

Seems the survey was nearly a foot off. And that's for 2 blocks.

So yes, you can camp in my back yard on a surveyors error.

Made in 1996.

Imagine how far off those pins are from 1896

I'd be curious.

In Utah coyotes aren't regulated.

Can I guy not just claim he's hunting coyotes, which aren't controlled via fish and game? Kinda negating that "intent to hunt" part, correct?

Why do you keep bringing up these giant snow storms? Who is out looking for a pin in that kind of weather? You need your head examined!

I know I know you can read all about me when I get caught!

Why do you keep bringing up these giant snow storms? Who is out looking for a pin in that kind of weather? You need your head examined!

I know I know you can read all about me when I get caught!
I know you’re very very SLOW and don’t know much about Wyoming law. Especially when you state things like, “aren’t using trail cams illegal in Wyoming”? At least try and keep up with the conversation, even as you have difficulty with your cognitive functions. Weather and atmospheric conditions can potentially degrade and decrease the accuracy to GPS devices. http://geodesy.unr.edu/publications/gpsworld.may98.pdf

How many questions have you dodged from me?

I dont care about wy game camera laws because I don't run them!

A few of the other laws I don't like iether so you may be reading about me some day!

How many questions have you dodged from me?

I dont care about wy game camera laws because I don't run them!

A few of the other laws I don't like iether so you may be reading about me some day!
Obviously Trespassing is another one we can add to the list of your Delusionary disregard of law……Entitled???

Obviously Trespassing is another one we can add to the list of your Delusionary disregard of law……Entitled???
Tell you what. Drag two of your wives rugs together in your living room. Butt them corner to corner, and if you can't step from one rug to the other without touching the floor you post a video of that and we'll all agree it's obviously trespassing.

Says the guy that posts on a public forum admitting to trespassing all the time just trying to get someone to believe his lines of complete $hit!

Tell you what. Drag two of your wives rugs together in your living room. Butt them corner to corner, and if you can't step from one rug to the other without touching the floor you post a video of that and we'll all agree it's obviously trespassing.
I’ve posted it numerous times. I guess you just skip over it. If you step over a corner marker, go for it. I’m also a public sportsmen and enjoy using public lands. Corner crossing in my book as I have stated numerous times if you know 100% certain you are crossing a corner then have at it. If you are like 99% of public hunters just running OnX maps on their smartphone and trying to corner cross where no official survey marker exists you are almost assuredly trespassing as the accuracy just isn’t good enough and it is 100% the responsibility of the hunter to remain on public land and not trespass. Happy hunting, hope you do well this fall.

Says the guy that posts on a public forum admitting to trespassing all the time just trying to get someone to believe his lines of complete $hit!
Feeling Entitled again……Isn’t it time for you to go set up those Illegal trail cams in Wyoming……LMFAO…..

Yeah that’s why Nripepe tried to spoon feed you but you’re still stuck on mommy’s teat……….
I pretty much disagree with highfastflyer on everything he posts except for this? I hate the idea of keeping the public off of public ground, but you need a monument or you are 99.99999% tresspassing. With a monument then it is in the courts hands on interpretation of airspace rights....

I pretty much disagree with highfastflyer on everything he posts except for this? I hate the idea of keeping the public off of public ground, but you need a monument or you are 99.99999% tresspassing. With a monument then it is in the courts hands on interpretation of airspace rights....
Well obviously you don't understand that if there is no monument then the next best thing is gps and if you cross a corner by gps there is nothing to argue about because that's all there is to go off of for the 1000th time saying it 900 different ways

Also ive used a error making handheld gps system to show where I've been to landowners and game wardens with 0 issues
Did you use it to find a single point without a monument?

The issue is the county sherrif, game wardens and landowners can't do anything. You were tresspasing if you crossed a corner without a monument or possibly even if there was a monument....time will tell in Wyoming on the monument. Colorado BLM states that is clearly illegal.

Did you use it to find a single point without a monument?

The issue is the county sherrif, game wardens and landowners can't do anything. You were tresspasing if you crossed a corner without a monument or possibly even if there was a monument....time will tell in Wyoming on the monument. Colorado BLM states that is clearly illegal.
Who's to say? Gps could be dead on the money in that spot no one can say one way or the other without a marker that's why they are used by the game wardens and sheriff's as well

Well obviously you don't understand that if there is no monument then the next best thing is gps and if you cross a corner by gps there is nothing to argue about because that's all there is to go off of for the 1000th time saying it 900 different ways
We have to agree to disagree then. You are not allowed to step on private property, you have to know exactly where you are or it is tresspasing. Yes it could be difficult to prove, but not impossible and easier if you turn over your GPS track.

We have to agree to disagree then. You are not allowed to step on private property, you have to know exactly where you are or it is tresspasing. Yes it could be difficult to prove, but not impossible and easier if you turn over your GPS track.
You have to agree to be wrong with hff I've had no issues with showing where I've been with a gps never been disputed once I've shown it. You know why? Because that's the most accurate way to show where you are!

And no I'm not stepping on private property by crossing a corner with a gps. Your not guilty till proven innocent its innocent until proven guilty get it through your head

And no I'm not stepping on private property by crossing a corner with a gps. Your not guilty till proven innocent its innocent until proven guilty get it through your head
If you cross the corner marker, I agree you’re fine but if there isn’t one the trail cams, video surveillance, the ranch hands watching and your boot prints in the sand and snow is what will prove your Innocence or guilt. With a known GPS error rate of 49 feet or greater, good luck with that, especially in Carbon County.

You have to agree to be wrong with hff I've had no issues with showing where I've been with a gps never been disputed once I've shown it. You know why? Because that's the most accurate way to show where you are!
Have you shown your gps on a corner crossing situation?

If you cross the corner marker, I agree you’re fine but if there isn’t one the trail cams, video surveillance, the ranch hands watching and your boot prints in the sand and snow is what will prove your Innocence or guilt. With a known GPS error rate of 49 feet or greater, good luck with that, especially in Carbon County.
Could have saved about 500 posts if you listen to what people say the first time. With no marker the only corner there is to show is gps the end.

Could have saved about 500 posts if you listen to what people say the first time. With no marker the only corner there is to show is gps the end.
Could have saved you 600 posts and listen to what the defense attorneys say, the GPS manufacturers, OnX maps and others on here say. THE END…..:eek::devilish::eek::devilish::devilish::alien:

Could have saved you 600 posts and listen to what the defense attorneys say, the GPS manufacturers, OnX maps and others on here say. THE END…..:eek::devilish::eek::devilish::devilish::alien:
The problem here is you must think your not being heard I understand what you're saying you're simply wrong that's all

The problem here is you must think your not being heard I understand what you're saying you're simply wrong that's all
I’ll be reading about you in the News about the guy who Trespassed, you can tell the Judge how wrong or right being 100 feet onto private property and your boot prints and video to prove it. That’s All……:eek::devilish::eek::sick:

I’ll be reading about you in the News about the guy who Trespassed, you can tell the Judge how wrong or right being 100 feet onto private property and your boot prints and video to prove it. That’s All……:eek::devilish::eek::sick:
Won't be reading about you in the news cause you don't do anything but troll this site

Won't be reading about you in the news cause you don't do anything but troll this site
Just because you have trespassed and gotten away with it in the past doesn’t make it legal. The landowners wherever you’re at also may be more lenient. Obviously these big ranches in Carbon County aren’t. They will have patrols, trail cams, video surveillance and who knows what other technological gadget they can surely afford.

Again innocent until proven guilty!
1,000's of corners not being watched by the FBI ranch hands with secret cameras and Lazer beams and whatever else you think they have I the ground watching corners so walk on is what I will be doing!

Again innocent until proven guilty!
1,000's of corners not being watched by the FBI ranch hands with secret cameras and Lazer beams and whatever else you think they have I the ground watching corners so walk on is what I will be doing!
You make me sick and you’re what’s wrong with the Despicable Entitled generation. Just Willy nilly trample and Trespass however you want giving reckless care and no consideration about private property rights or Game and Fish laws. PATHETIC….

And before you waste even more time. No noone has ever been convicted of criminal tresspass by corner crossing either

And before you waste even more time. No noone has ever been convicted of criminal tresspass by corner crossing either
Game and Fish issues many many TRESPASSING tickets every year. In fact it’s one of the Top 10 most common violations. Corner hopping is one thing. Being 100 feet or more off and Trespassing and trying to use the Defense you are just corner hopping won’t float in Wyoming. Besides we already know what the Criminal laws are in Wyoming.

You are incredibly dense yea I've read what you said 300 times already. I picture you as a 70 year old man that collects over under shotguns and yells at kids for coming to close to his yard. Get a life man. I've walked up to many corners never once been 100 feet off. Oh yea and let the kids get their ball back

You are incredibly dense yea I've read what you said 300 times already. I picture you as a 70 year old man that collects over under shotguns and yells at kids for coming to close to his yard. Get a life man. I've walked up to many corners never once been 100 feet off. Oh yea and let the kids get their ball back
We shall see who the DENSE MF truly is when they get a ticket for leaving number 10 boot tracks in the snow and a video surveillance cam showing you trespassed. Maybe your cell mate will play hide the ball in your arse little BIATCH….,I’m sure they like those tight puckered ones. Maybe those Ranch hand boys will show you where the sun don’t shine, you’d probably enjoy that….:sick::devilish::oops::alien:

We shall see who the DENSE MF truly is when they get a ticket for leaving number 10 boot tracks in the snow and a video surveillance cam showing you trespassed. Maybe your cell mate will play hide the ball in your arse little BIATCH….,I’m sure they like those tight puckered ones. Maybe those Ranch hand boys will show you where the sun don’t shine, you’d probably enjoy that….:sick::devilish::oops::alien:
Pretty bold words for not even knowing who you're talking to. Seen lots of tough guys like you cry like a 3 year old that got their sucker taken away. You're no different just another blow hard old wind bag

Pretty bold words for not even knowing who you're talking to. Seen lots of tough guys like you cry like a 3 year old that got their sucker taken away. You're no different just another blow hard old wind bag
We‘ll see who is blowing who when you get that Trespassing citation, you probably enjoy giving those though…..:eek::devilish::alien::eek::devilish::alien:

Don't worry it's over now hff is dragging his homosexual fantasies into the argument again. a usual defense for him. It'll be deleted soon hopefully both his accounts will be too
We know well who likes those type of things, probably why you want to trespass so you can enjoy the time in the cell with your little buddies…..:love::devilish::sick:

You make me sick and you’re what’s wrong with the Despicable Entitled generation. Just Willy nilly trample and Trespass however you want giving reckless care and no consideration about private property rights or Game and Fish laws. PATHETIC….
How old do you have to be in this so called "entitled generation"?

You honestly sound like you got picked on your whole life!

So if you were to approch an unmonumented corner and a landowner with a camera and a a CarbonCounty deputy are standing 50 yards away from "the corner" ready to write you a ticket if you don"t cross at the exact corner (they know where it is as they surveyed it and took photos, but didn't add a monument), are you going to cross right in front of them? If so, and you get a ticket, will you win in court?

So if you were to approch an unmonumented corner and a landowner with a camera and a a CarbonCounty deputy are standing 50 yards away from "the corner" ready to write you a ticket if you don"t cross at the exact corner (they know where it is as they surveyed it and took photos, but didn't add a monument), are you going to cross right in front of them? If so, and you get a ticket, will you win in court?
One more time then I'm done. If you have a licensed surveyor mark the corner he will set a monument. It is illegal to move this monument. And if you don't have a licensed surveyor mark the corner then whatever reference you're looking at isn't evidence. What you're suggesting is that a game warden and a land owner are both willing to commit a crime in order to catch a hunter committing a crime. I doubt it.

One more time then I'm done. If you have a licensed surveyor mark the corner he will set a monument. It is illegal to move this monument. And if you don't have a licensed surveyor mark the corner then whatever reference you're looking at isn't evidence. What you're suggesting is that a game warden and a land owner are both willing to commit a crime in order to catch a hunter committing a crime. I doubt it.
Point taken (no pun intended), it is a good one on a licensed surveyor marking a corner. Could I not have a surveyor mark the property lines with wood stakes though and document the corner and then pull up the stakes? I am just playing devil's advocate here and I think I agree that this is not the real issue, I think it all comes down to the interpretation of air space and if you are allowed to cross through it or not.

For Wyoming, we refer you to the Wyoming State Statutes & Constitution, Title 6: Crimes and Offenses.

6-3-202. Altering landmarks; penalties.

(a) A person is guilty of altering landmarks if, with intent to destroy or deface the mark on a monument, landmark or bearing-tree designating the corner or boundary of a tract of land, he knowingly:

(i) Displaces the monument or landmark;

(ii) Defaces or alters the mark; or

(iii) Breaks, cuts down or removes the monument, landmark or bearing-tree.

(b) Altering landmarks is a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than six (6) months, a fine of not more than seven hundred fifty dollars ($750.00), or both.

Furthermore, some survey monuments may be federally owned, such as the section corners for the U.S. Public Land Survey System (shown below). Those are actually stamped with the words “UNLAWFUL TO DISTURB.” Any unauthorized person who alters or removes of these government survey monuments could also be found guilty of a misdemeanor punishable with fines and/or imprisonment.

Wooden markers can be removed from your own property.

Point taken (no pun intended), it is a good one on a licensed surveyor marking a corner. Could I not have a surveyor mark the property lines with wood stakes though and document the corner and then pull up the stakes? I am just playing devil's advocate here and I think I agree that this is not the real issue, I think it all comes down to the interpretation of air space and if you are allowed to cross through it or not.

I think in the end the more important point might be the enforcement of the Unlawful Enclosure Act. If that can be enforced and proven that the landowners acted illegally, then that opens them up to not only criminal prosecution, but civil damages. A landowner might think twice about going down this road again if they faced those consequences.

This is America, you don’t have to prove innocence. The burden is on the state to prove guilt. You would be a fool to show anyone but your attorney your GPS track.

If there's no monument marking the corner, then the landowner doesn't even know where his own property corner is. And that's very common. So in that case the landowner really can't even legitimately accuse a person of trespassing if all he did was step from one corner of public land to another corner of public land, as shown on his GPS. Law enforcement surely won't write a ticket for trespassing with zero proof.

If there's no monument marking the corner, then the landowner doesn't even know where his own property corner is. And that's very common. So in that case the landowner really can't even legitimately accuse a person of trespassing if all he did was step from one corner of public land to another corner of public land, as shown on his GPS. Law enforcement surely won't write a ticket for trespassing with zero proof.

This whole thread I was wondering this very point. If nothing is marked how is the landowner proving that you didn't cross a corner and in fact are on his property.

In HFF's fantasy world, trespassers are not only given citations, then locked up for 3-5 years, held in a cell with a muscled, oiled, shirtless homosexual predator and repeatedly raped until they admit HFF was right the whole time.

In HFF's fantasy world, trespassers are not only given citations, then locked up for 3-5 years, held in a cell with a muscled, oiled, shirtless homosexual predator and repeatedly raped until they admit HFF was right the whole time.
I’m sure you’d enjoy that with all your thavages………:love::eek:

Just been wondering if rock hounding is a dog whistle for prospecting?

Do the landowners who surround public land have any problems with prospectors? Are prospectors free to register claims on these checker board public lands?

If a prospector/rock hound finds a valuable mineral deposit, after corner crossing, how can he access the claim to mine the minerals?

Not asking for a friend.

Seems like there may be better reasons to access these public lands than to hunt them for big game. Especially if they have been inaccessible since before modern prospecting tools became available.

Maybe gold deposits should be identified to see if the current system can keep the gold rushers out. Sometimes just the very rumor of a large gold find will bring hoards of the unwashed. Trespassing laws didn’t seem to discourage folks a hundred years ago, when it came to staking claims on public land, nor did it discourage the modern day Forrest Fenn treasure hunters for over ten years.

Apparently there is something of great value on the Elk Mountain public land, if rock hounds are risking trespassing in the off season, when the outfitter contractors aren’t watching.

Yes?

We used to drive to the top of Elk Mountain all the time as it was open to the public until 1983. The BLM easement to the Fire lookout on top of Elk Mountain was closed and gated by the Judge and the easement ruled as not being a public easement but only an official easement even though the deed stated otherwise. I think there were some old prospect sites on the west side of Elk Mountain though not active. Yes you can still stake a mining claim on many BLM lands, check with the district office in Rawlins if you are interested……

If this thread gets to 600 I’ll do 2 things that would both be firsts in this thread:

1) read one of HFF’s posts
2) give one of his posts a like

To be clear it should be assumed I will not like the post I’ve read as I’m sure it’s full of BS.

1644883795462.png

Just try and keep my off public lands. Randy Newberg and I will be using these next hunting season to access our landlocked public lands.

If this case goes well I plan on merely stepping over the survey marker, no need to spend 200K on a jet pack. Though I won’t step across a non surveyed marker……….:cool:

If this case goes well I plan on merely stepping over the survey marker, no need to spend 200K on a jet pack. Though I won’t step across a non surveyed marker……….:cool:
How will you know if its real or not?
What if it's a fake one and you get caught on a cam or step on a ground wire that triggers all kinds of high tech devices in the middle of nowhere?

How will you know if its real or not?
What if it's a fake one and you get caught on a cam or step on a ground wire that triggers all kinds of high tech devices in the middle of nowhere?
Quite easy. Obviously you don’t have a clue what they even look like. The original ones are large brass markers which stick up about 18 inches and can be spotted unless covered with snow or brush, I find about 90% of them. If a landowner hires a surveyor he can just set one of the small rebar caps which any ranch hand can kick a boot full of dirt and cover it quite easily, or do as most ranch hands do while on the job, take a dump next to it and kick a few boot fulls of dirt to cover a minuscule marker sticking up 2 to 3 inches……
5ED7C5AB-4F18-4982-A22C-535488626E4A.jpeg

Quite easy. Obviously you don’t have a clue what they even look like. The original ones are large brass markers which stick up about 18 inches and can be spotted unless covered with snow or brush, I find about 90% of them. If a landowner hires a surveyor he can just set one of the small rebar caps which any ranch hand can kick a boot full of dirt and cover it quite easily, or do as most ranch hands do while on the job, take a dump next to it and kick a few boot fulls of dirt to cover a minuscule marker sticking up 2 to 3 inches……View attachment 68261
You obviously didn't read my question right!

What if it's a fake one that a bad ranch hand made to get people in trouble and you step over it and your 100' onto private and get caught on a cam?

You obviously didn't read my question right!

What if it's a fake one that a bad ranch hand made to get people in trouble and you step over it and your 100' onto private and get caught on a cam?
What if, What if……Isn’t it time for you to go set your trail Cams, maybe do a little Trespassing and whatever else your Entitled arse desires……

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom