Coronavirus gettin' more scary???

Founder

Founder Since 1999
Whatcha' all think of this Coronavirus? It's effecting markets and travel and more. Should we worry or is everyone just over reacting?
I have a cruise planned in a couple months.

Ever been on one? Lol
A sniffle can get everybody quarantined
It’s not really quite that bad but I’ve been on a couple and I just don’t like them I hope yours goes great

Whatcha' all think of this Coronavirus? It's effecting markets and travel and more. Should we worry or is everyone just over reacting?
I have a cruise planned in a couple months.

Founder,
Can I have your fall mule deer locations if you unfortunately dont return from your cruise?
Bahahaha

Ever been on one? Lol
A sniffle can get everybody quarantined
It’s not really quite that bad but I’ve been on a couple and I just don’t like them I hope yours goes great
I’ve been on a couple. I sure hope this crap gets taken care of or I’ll be stand on the very front of the boat for the whole trip......up wind.

It has mild symptoms for most so people don't stay home like what the flu does. That will lead to a very large percentage of the globe being infected. They will never have enough hospital beds with ventilators. A lot of people are going to die. I studied and taught for Red Cross. I always knew a pandemic or near pandemic was coming. Not because I became an expert as I'm not , but I did spend more time than I should have as it was my interest for a few years.

I'd be more affraid of nora virus in the buffet line from the type of people that take cruises. Dated a gal whose daughter worked for a cruise line out of Hawaii. She said she was forever having to point people to the hand sanitizer after watching them lick their fingers, among other things, and heading back to the chow line.

I don't understand it. We've got it in Asia. We've got it in Europe. We've got it in north America. How the hell is it not just destroying Africa? China has a lot of people in Africa. I mean a lot.they are traveling back and forth constantly. Africa is full of squalor and sick compromised immune systems already with vastly overpopulated areas. Maybe Africans are immune to this junk.

I don't understand it. We've got it in Asia. We've got it in Europe. We've got it in north America. How the hell is it not just destroying Africa? China has a lot of people in Africa. I mean a lot.they are traveling back and forth constantly. Africa is full of squalor and sick compromised immune systems already with vastly overpopulated areas. Maybe Africans are immune to this junk.
we're ignoring them....

Calm Down... all that needed to happen is all air flights cancelled a month ago. Yet, the International Airline corporations would not allow such.

Just wait until Bernie is President... He'd lock down everything just to be akin to Putin.

Calm Down... all that needed to happen is all air flights cancelled a month ago. Yet, the International Airline corporations would not allow such.

Just wait until Bernie is President... He'd lock down everything just to be akin to Putin.
What will Bernie be President of ? Maybe Daughters of the American Revolution.

It turned out that when they left those people on the cruise ship in Japan it was an incubator for the disease because of the ship ventilation. That's why they sent the people home that were on that ship.
Those cruise ships go all over the globe, the one you might be on in Alaska could have been in the East China Sea months before.
I have been on lots of cruises and they are a blast but for now my wife and I are not cruising until this all gets worked out.

Just sayin.....

I'm worried about it messing up my family cruise. We fly to Puerto Rico at the end of March. They keep updating their restrictions for boarding the cruise (places you've been, people you've been in contact with, and your current health). I worried about one of us catching the regular flu that is going around here. Any fever and you will not be allowed to board. That would be a lot of money down the drain since I opted out of the trip insurance back in the fall. Flying in early was my insurance. Yes I am worried.

Sorry to hear that Heartshot. That would suck. I always buy insurance for cruises. I've been on 3 but I'm done now because of this kind of stuff and I want to do land based trips all inclusive.

I understand people invest a lot in a cruise. I did it once and never again. Was sick from being sea sick. The food made me sick. Then I got sick from the dramine patch you can put on your neck. Saw and did a lot of cool things but once was enough.

I understand people invest a lot in a cruise. I did it once and never again. Was sick from being sea sick. The food made me sick. Then I got sick from the dramine patch you can put on your neck. Saw and did a lot of cool things but once was enough.

So the Navy's not for you??

Which set up should I get for the family and I? I don't like cooties either, so the full suit could be for me. But do like my suntan. Tough choice.
Image result for gas mask
images

I heard a health expert talking about it. She said people are way too worried about wearing masks and not focusing enough on washing their hands. Also your phone is the dirtiest thing on you. I would stay on this side of the world for now. A guy I work with is going to Vietnam tomorrow to meet his new GF. I think he's absolutely nuts. The stocks are definitely taking some hits right now. I think the chinese govt. created it for 2 reasons. To try and stop the protesting in their country and to try to hurt the US economy. Because our economy has been growing and theirs has been stagnant. I don't trust govts. they do some shady stuff even our own.

Wuhan has a level 4 Biological Lab - the biggest in their country. Interesting that is where it started. Someone could have brought something out inadvertently.

My spouse retired last August as a RN after 37 years. After being in the medical field that long, she shakes her head at the amount of attention this is getting. Her point is more people have died from the flu yearly then what this virus has. Every day I log on and there are more headlines. In a couple of months we most likely will not remember too much of what this is was all about.

DH56 it can't be compared to the flu. It doesn't present any symptoms for 14 days so it spreads rapidly as they don't know they have it. Meanwhile they are infectious and spreading it. So I don't see why an RN would feel that way.

Too many unanswered questions for me to get too complacent. We still have to live our lives but I won't be taking any unnecessary risks.

A Chinese lady cut my hair today at the shop....I'm dead.

I've been wondering all these things myself. I've got a spring bear hunt coming up and taking my 7 year old. One of the layovers is hongcouver though. Got me a little nervous....

It (the virus and infected folks) was on the coasts and Texas. Then they thought it'd be a fabulous idea to ship infected people to Omaha??? Right smack in the heartland....what fuggin sense does that make?>
I suspect to see how fast it can spread?

It (the virus and infected folks) was on the coasts and Texas. Then they thought it'd be a fabulous idea to ship infected people to Omaha??? Right smack in the heartland....what fuggin sense does that make?>
I suspect to see how fast it can spread?

Nothin there but us deplorables.

I'm personally not too worried about it for a couple reasons.

1. More people are dying from the flu, than this Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 as it has been named).
2. The majority of the people that have died from the virus already had pre-existing conditions.

The Coronavirus isn't a new thing. Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. SARS-CoV and MERS-CoV are two other examples of coronavirus that came from animals and then spread to people just like this current virus likely did. I think the main reason there is panic is because there isn't an available vaccine yet since it is a new "strand" of the Coronavirus.

My damn brother in-law talked my wife into an all inclusive resort in Cancun 4-25 5-1 I’m pissed. I have two young kids if it keeps getting worse I’ll call off the trip. Best case scenario I drink to much corona and puke in my room. ??

My wife and I and several friends are heading out March 8 for a cruise down through Aruba, Curacao, Costa Rica, and the Panama Canal for 10 days. Our first cruise. I never have been excited about being on a ship with 10,000 people, but we're going; come hell or high water. I will definitely be washing my hands regularly. If you guys never hear from me again, you'll know what happened. Maybe I'll bring coronavirus back to Wyoming. But I have a feeling it'll already be here. I'll miss you guys! Well...most of you. :)

My hunting partner and two other friends just cancelled their planned Africa trip for this year for this reason. May re-schedule for next year, but want to wait a few months to decide..

You get haircuts, eel?

Sometimes. The last one was in July or August. I usually go to Judy's but she fell and broke her wrist. I was waiting for her to heal up but she said it will be another month or so. I call her G.I. Judy because she thinks I'm going to basic training in the Army. She would be good at shearing sheep and only charges $14 for seniors, but it only takes her 3-4 minutes.

I kind of like the Chinese lady now. She takes her time but charges $30. I talked her down to $28 and she even gave me a hug as I left.

Sometimes. The last one was in July or August. I usually go to Judy's but she fell and broke her wrist. I was waiting for her to heal up but she said it will be another month or so. I call her G.I. Judy because she thinks I'm going to basic training in the Army. She would be good at shearing sheep and only charges $14 for seniors, but it only takes her 3-4 minutes.

I kind of like the Chinese lady now. She takes her time but charges $30. I talked her down to $28 and she even gave me a hug as I left.

Does it come with a little nipple in the ear?

No, but she hugged me trying to give me the Coronavirus. I mean, why else would she hug an old man?

Well, as long as you were happy in the end.

My wife and I and several friends are heading out March 8 for a cruise down through Aruba, Curacao, Costa Rica, and the Panama Canal for 10 days. Our first cruise. I never have been excited about being on a ship with 10,000 people, but we're going; come hell or high water. I will definitely be washing my hands regularly. If you guys never hear from me again, you'll know what happened. Maybe I'll bring coronavirus back to Wyoming. But I have a feeling it'll already be here. I'll miss you guys! Well...most of you. :)

Don't worry about bringing it back to Wyoming. It'll freeze out here.

Well founder, maybe you could self volunteer to get the virus. That way you can get it over with and you will not have to worry about anymore. :)

You be better off washing your hands often, and keep a small bottle of hand disinfectant on your person to use.

RELH

I was reading up on the symptoms. Yep, sound like a pretty nasty cold to me. Best run to costco and hoard me some toilet paper...

Going to Vegas this weekend i think the virus is getting spread by money. What circulates all over the world but never gets cleaned or looked at. MONEY
So i plan to win a lot of it and then clean it to keep everyone safe!!!!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom