Cost of Bear Rugs??

H

HKShooter

Just curious what are bear rugs running to have them done on an average black bear. I'm anticipating a successful spring for my son. Thanks for any info.

HK

The best rugs I've ever seen are by Knights Taxidermy in Anchorage Ak.
They are beautiful, super padded and stretched just right.
They are also among the most expensive.
My buddy's interior Grizz that they did is absolutley superb!

My kid killed a 6 1/2 foot black bear last year.
Knights wanted $1500 to rug it.

A lil too steep for me right now.
I found a guy close to home that does decent rugs.
He charged my about half that.
If the right bear comes along, I'd have no problem paying for the best.
HH

I charge 150.00 LF here in Calif that is with two colors of felt, padding on back and rings to hang on wall

150 lft is a good fare price. I charge 165 lft and the work involved is sure worth that. Anything above that price is just covering overhead, which we all have ovehead . I would say shop around look at some work , then go from there. good luck to you . p.s. I hate bears and Iam thinking of not doing them anymore, health reasons. there high in bacteria and I end up in the docs- office every year from them . anyone else have this issue while working on bears . the ears hold the most bacteria I was told because there a din animal and the din can get pretty crappie- dirty and the bear is sleeping right in it. makes sence but dont know the true on it. except they mess me up . the only animal. be safe

I charge $150.00 a foot here in Washington. I Machine swe or hand sew the whole bear. No Hot glue .

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom