Costume Party

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
My bride & I were invited to a costume party last night, but we didn't go because I wasn't feeling too chipper. It was a just as well tho, because I had planned to go as Joe Biden until I figured out I couldn't get my head that far up my a$$. So...instead of me telling you how that went, I'll regale everyone with a different tale.... our last costume party adventure that took place where we lived in Colorado.

Ellen and I decided to go as a cow, so we rented the appropriate garb. The party was taking place at a neighbor's ranch about 1/2 mile away by road if we drove. But if we walked across a pasture, it was only about 100 yards to the house.

We got all decked out and headed out the door. When we got to the fence gate, I stopped to open the latch. Of course, since Ellen couldn't see well from her rearward position, she asked why I had stopped. I closed the gate after we went through it, then turned so we could make our way across the pasture. We hadn't gone 25 yards before I saw that we had a possible bad situation looming.

The conversation then went something like this:

"Houston, we have a problem," I whispered.

"Why are you whispering," Ellen asked.

"I'm whispering because there's a really big and mean looking bull about 75 feet in front of us. There's snot coming out of his nose and he's pawing the dirt with his hoof. I'm guessing that he might charge or he might have something else in mind."

Now Ellen also whispered. "What are we going to do? And what else could he have in mind?"

I addressed her last question first. "Let's put it this way: I'm going to start eating grass, but I suggest you brace yourself.

Last edited:
Happy Halloween
B4DB5BF4-2546-410B-BA6E-FCEDB9443224.jpeg

My bride & I were invited to a costume party last night, but we didn't go because I wasn't feeling too chipper. It was a just as well tho, because I had planned to go as Joe Biden until I figured out I couldn't get my head that far up my a$$. So...instead of me telling you how that went, I'll regale everyone with a different tale.... our last costume party adventure that took place where we lived in Colorado.

Ellen and I decided to go as a cow, so we rented the appropriate garb. The party was taking place at a neighbor's ranch about 1/2 mile away by road if we drove. But if we walked across a pasture, it was only about 100 yards to the house.

We got all decked out and headed out the door. When we got to the fence gate, I stopped to open the latch. Of course, since Ellen couldn't see well from her rearward position, she asked why I had stopped. I closed the gate after we went through it, then turned so we could make our way across the pasture. We hadn't gone 25 yards before I saw that we had a possible bad situation looming.

The conversation then went something like this:

"Houston, we have a problem," I whispered.

"Why are you whispering," Ellen asked.

"I'm whispering because there's a really big and mean looking bull about 75 feet in front of us. There's snot coming out of his nose and he's pawing the dirt with his hoof. I'm guessing that he might charge or he might have something else in mind."

Now Ellen also whispered. "What are we going to do? And what else could he have in mind?"

I addressed her last question first. "Let's put it this way: I'm going to start eating grass, but I suggest you brace yourself.
LOL. And that’s when.....

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom