Coues bucks

BrianID

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-18 AT 04:19PM (MST)[p]Here are some pictures from my NM deer hunt this year. I'm a sucker for mass and couldn't pass on this buck.

9-D6929-F3-A776-4811-B22-B-B6-C3-DFBD58-AC.jpg

fullsizeoutput-1b7.jpg

My brother-in-law and I double up on this two bucks. If we get drawn next year, it will be tough to top these two.
DAE15-A6-C-00-E4-43-E9-81-F6-B4-BA8-B956-DA2.jpg

I think they are better than mule deer on the table but you don't get as much meat. I got almost 30 pounds of meat from my buck. A mature mule deer I expect to get 70-80 pounds of meat. Packing coues off the mountain is easy compared to a mule deer.

Nice buck, I would have not past that one up either.

They eat better than mule deer, not as good as elk or them eastern corn fed whitetails

>My list of best eating.
>1. Axis deer
>2. Coues deer
>3. Oryx
>4. Deer
>5. Elk

Great bucks. Man I love the way they look. I want to hunt them so bad.

I know everyone?s taste buds are different but this list is ridiculous. Lol. Elk number 5???? Come on now.

Yup Elk is number 5, and I had coues at number 1 until I went to Texas and got an axis deer. Come to think of it I'm running low , gonna have to make another trip to Texas. Lol

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom