Coues For coloradoman

Thank you bud! I need to fill my bucket list with a Coues deer. I’m a novice at this and will trade info for deer or elk in western Colorado

Care to PM me some Hermosa favorites in exchange for some young elk meat?
Man, it's been almost 50 yrs. :oops:

Our main camp was about a 4-5-hr. horseback trek at the upper end of the Purgatory ski area a bit off the Hermosa Creek Trail. Not a lot of pressure back them, but I bet that has changed somewhat.

This where we started from:
1647207431227.png

1647207638155.png

When the deer draw rolls around, feel free to pm me as well. I still get around down there in AZ a little. You can buy me that beer instead of an “x” in the bottom of a canyon somewhere.:)

Lmmfao yup!
Grand Junction
That's more like it. (y)

I drove up to GJ once when I lived at Vallecito Lake near Durango in the 1970s. Back then, CDOW had a TV program on Thurs. nights. I had to go up there to do a live show on pike fishing at the lake. Even though I stayed overnight at the I&E guy's house, I didn't get to see much of GJ.

Ping me CoMan if you ever pick up a bow. I can point in the right direction. I bowhunt the late season every year.

Funny story, we were bowhunting the Mexican border near Arivaca one year and as many know, its the Wild West down there with illegals, drug runners etc. A total **** show and back then it wasn't legal to pack a handgun- the border guys thought we were nuts hunting that country only armed with a bow. We would get stopped by Border agents every single day- no guff and buzzed by their jet copter with infrared.

We met one guy helping his buddy but he had previously hunted on a rifle tag closer to Douglas. He said he was sneaking around before light and as the sun came up he made a good shot on a Coues buck...when all of a sudden 20 Mexicans stood up 50 yds away with their hands up walking towards him surrendering.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom