Coues near Kirkland

HntHrdr

Very Active Member
Hey there internet experts was talking to my grandpa in law, who is an awesome dude and rancher but not much for knowing subspecies of deer. Do coues exist in the Kirkland area? I was under the impression that it was pretty much mule deer country. Going to try and do a little hunting on the family ranch for deer in a couple years around Kirkland creek/ Ritter mountain which is named after Gramps family, I’m a Colorado local but love the terrain and feel around Kirkland, skull valley, Prescott area.

Coues are on Mingus mtn a little east of there and in unit 8….just a matter of time if it hasn’t already happened.

Used to be some pretty good quail shooting in those parts.

I have seen loads of javalina, and quite a few quail. I asked since the creek bottom that runs through his place seems more like white tail habitat than mule deer, thanks. I guess I will have get down there and see for myself

Next time you drive up Yarnell Hill, look for the giant boulders out on the desert floor.

The company I used to work for way back when Jesus still ran a blade built the road off the hill. The dozer guys pioneering off the hill used to roll them off to see who could get one out there the farthest.

The good old days.

That sounds like a hell of a good time, i will keep an eye out for those I think we are headed back down this winter. I like it down there a lot some awesome rugged terrain.

Next time you drive up Yarnell Hill, look for the giant boulders out on the desert floor.

The company I used to work for way back when Jesus still ran a blade built the road off the hill. The dozer guys pioneering off the hill used to roll them off to see who could get one out there the farthest.

The good old days.
Did they roll the Dozers or Boulders? Interesting!....................BULL!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom