Coues Questions

B

bullseye

Appreciate your advising the following

1. When do Coues drop their Antlers?

2. When do they begin Rutting

I am hunting them for the first time this year in New Mexico and am trying to learn all I can about these fleet footed guys.

Thanks, Bill

Coues can rut anywhere from early December to late February. Coues usually hold their antlers till late April - early May. All this seems to change depending upon the year and alot of people think the rutting time has alot to do with the moon. I don't really understand all that though. Most of the time you dont see them rutting hard till late December (The last 3 days of the December hunts).
Bret

BILL..

WHERE WILL U BE HUNTING FOR COUES DEER? DID U DRAW A TAG FOR UNIT 27? WE GOT NICE COUES DOWN ON SKELTON CANYON..ITS 5X5 COUES BEFORE THE UNIT 27 GOT INTO DRAWING SYSTEM...I AM LOOKING FOR ANOTHER PLACE TO CHASE COUES...I'M THINKING OF UNIT 26....SOUTH OF ANIMAS? OR ?

VINIHUNT OF SANTA FE

Vinihunt

Yes I drew in unit 27 and have hunted Javalina in Skelton with good results. Saw a few Coues Doe's

Plan on Hunting there and possibly the Steins area this year although do not know if any Coues in Steins area only Mule Deer?

Also do you enter Skeleton from Arizona or New Mexico side? I am only aware of entry from New Mexico side.

BILL

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom