Cougar Attack in Spanish Fork Canyon

This whole Mountain Lion thing is getting crazy.

Houndsmen saying cat numbers are the lowest they've seen and that the DWR is exaggerating numbers, yet we see more human interaction and sightings than ever before, not too mention all the collared game kills.
Of course the hounds men are saying populations are low. Maybe they’re right when it comes to toms. Think about it, all the hound guys are targeting toms because that’s where the money is and they want their resource protected. Think of it this way, would Mossback sell many guided elk hunts if the hunter could only shoot cows?

Of course the hounds men are saying populations are low. Maybe they’re right when it comes to toms. Think about it, all the hound guys are targeting toms because that’s where the money is and they want their resource protected. Think of it this way, would Mossback sell many guided elk hunts if the hunter could only shoot cows?
Females cost the same on a guided hunt bub. That is what most “outfitters” kill!!!

Females cost the same on a guided hunt bub. That is what most “outfitters” kill!!!
I don’t mean money in the literal sense bub. I’m talking money cats in the fact they’re the preferred target for anyone paying big money for “outfitters” to help them kill.

Just A Small Clue For You hawky!

If a Kitty Really Wanted To Kill You!

You More Than Likely Wouldn't Stand a Chance!

DRATS Must Taste Like ####!

You are spot on, this is a fact.

Nothing SKEEERY about it. Pack a gun, shoot a KITTY, save yourself and a grundle of deer!

Hawkeye

Don’t You Dare Shoot One Of Whoopi’s Precious Kitties! Save The Kitties! Tag Cuts Only! Save The Kitties!

HELL-RIGHT!

Maybe today's average houndsman sucks at finding cats or maybe their dogs suck at finding cats. There are some good houndsmen out there but for every good one there's probably five more guys that own dogs and call themselves houndsmen. Everywhere I go I see trucks with dog boxes these days.

Of course it is in their own best interest to say there aren't many cats left. They want the DWR to back off on reducing cat populations the only way for that to happen is if people think cat populations are dwindling.

Maybe today's average houndsman sucks at finding cats or maybe their dogs suck at finding cats. There are some good houndsmen out there but for every good one there's probably five more guys that own dogs and call themselves houndsmen. Everywhere I go I see trucks with dog boxes these days.

Of course it is in their own best interest to say there aren't many cats left. They want the DWR to back off on reducing cat populations the only way for that to happen is if people think cat populations are dwindling.
Exactly! Problem is there are too many houndsmen nowadays. There were 3 houndsmen in the valley where I live 30 years ago. Now there are around 30-40. Heaven forbid they need to cut a track or tree a cat every time they go out.

Good To Hear From You KevinD!

If A Kitty Really Wanted To Kill Him He'd Of Never Known It!

A Ferocious Attack Huh Niller?

I've been hearing rumors that the injuries the gentleman sustained are more consistent with a slip and fall than a cougar attack....just sayin

Carried my .45 on the "Shed Opener"... Had a frightful moment in a thicket with what turned out to just be a porcupine... But at 1:30am, in the calm silent night, I thought I was about to unload on a big cat crashing my way. ??

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom