Cougar spot and stalk hunt Utah

Oneye

Anyone else buying the new Utah cougar spot and stalk tag that go from August through the end of the year? I picked one up for the $30, might as well have one in my pocket in case I see something while out in the woods this fall.

I have a tag in my wallet but haven't targeted them yet. Starting next week I should be out and about every day working the trapline. As long as you have a tag in your pocket and lead in the air there's always hope.:)

Tough hunt. Cats are mostly nocturnal. I would love to se a couple changes made. Allow the use of FLIR equipment to hunt at night, and the use of traps.

I cannot think of a tougher hunt than true spot-and -stalk Mtn lion hunt.....during the day.
I've spent 50+ years hunting big game and have seen less than a dozen during daylight.
BUT, why not have a tag and a reason to be out with a rifle? Sounds like a great outdoor activity.
Best of luck to those who elect to play.

Zeke

Past on getting one and had to cats stalk in on me while archery hunting elk. Next year I will have one for sure. Once you look one in the eye makes you change your mind pretty fast.

Just curious to see if anyone bagged one ?
I have a couple in my living room ?
Here's a spot and stalk photo I took in 2009 but passed on this cat not Utah either
barb pics 018.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom