Countdown to the Draw

hunt1

I don't want to upset anyone, but I'm going to draw deer, elk, antelope, ibex, and bighorn. Better luck next time!

Pretty sad I (we) look forward all year to the draw! I sure wish I knew so I could blow the cash I have saved for a tag if not drawn. Good luck to you all!

What's sad is all year we look forward to the draw knowing we're going to be putting in on a unit that has 2% odds. But, somebody has to draw, may as well be me this year.

Someday I'll learn as a resident to quit putting in for units that are in my corner of the state as they are the 2% odds. Maybe NMG&F will start giving elk tags based on a "I Haven't Drawn an Elk Tag in Seven Years" program. That sounds like a good initiative right there.

I wonder if we will get hits on our credit cards before the results are posted? If we draw a tag THAT IS.
Any chance the results will be out before June 20?

It is usually up a few days early, and yes you will see the hits if you draw. I was thinking the same thing on the "I haven't drawn in ??? years. I don't know why NM is so dead set against some sort of different system. I was thinking maybe sit out a year (or two ) if you draw thereby eliminating some of those "I draw every year" chumps at least 50% of the time!!!

Cookie I am one of those chumps haaaaaaaaaaaaa not really I havent drawn twice in 10 years so I am mad now... SO tell me what kind of system? Like AZ no thanks ohhh how about CO no thanks. NM's system may not be the best which I think we can all agree on but it is a heck of alot better than what we all give it credit for. If anything the way they pull our apps is a joke the old way was a heck of alot better IMO. But what can I say I got drawn Ibex and it was my 2nd choice last year so I guess I cant gripe to much.

nmelk13

I would vote for the CO system. What i like about CO is that you know when you have enough points to draw a tag and you can plan your hunts.

I was really thinking some kind of system where you have to sit out a year or two if you draw. There are enough applicants that there would not be leftovers. I realize that no way is goimg to be perfect but with the current method you have the chance of drawing every year. AND you also have the chance of NEVER drawing. I haven't done the math but by removing last year's successful applicants from the pool, you would increase the odds, giving those of us who for some unknown reason can't draw, a little better chance. I'm to the point that I would be willing to sit out a year or two if it meant I had a "decent" chance of drawing. I already do! Six years and counting and I only put in archery. Well, thats not right. I drew a fourth choice three years ago out of desperation. Learned my lesson on that one, never again.

The draw is fine just the way it is. I've drawn 12 tags in the last 14 years for elk , and have drawn 4 antelope in the last 7 years although I'm on the back side of the antelope draw as of the last 3 years.

Need a system like WA or NV, where points are squared but everyone has at least a chance. If none of you draw this year and I get lucky on one of my tags 2% odd tags perhaps you can come play camp cook, lol. This is my first year putting in for NM I hope the results are posted early though.

And I get to go watch!!! Maybe the first oryx I ever see in the wild littlemonster will put the smackdown on.

OK let have a tag prayer!

Let me draw my 1st choice elk this year. I promise I will be a good hunter and respect all that you have created. I also want to draw my deer tag this year it has been several years since I have had a deer tag.

Let all my fellow MM posters draw there tags as well. They are good guys.

AMEN

14 days - OK

Someone said we might know some results by the 10th...I will have to start looking for a credit card hit soon!

LAST EDITED ON Jun-09-07 AT 12:36PM (MST)[p]11....Good grief........I'm dyin' here! No hits yet, and all I have to look forward to is NUTS' "lovely" news. Come on! I'm not that bad of a guy!!! Give me something I can work with......Pleeeaaaassse??....sniff....Oh and one other thing, Everybody better get ready for the NMDGF website to CRASH!!!! Every year it's the same old song and dance... too many hits... Site going DOWN... Mayday...Mayday..MAYDAY!!!!

Doesn't get any easier when all day you hit the same hunting websites 20 times in hopes of hearing the credit card charges have begun.

Well, now I'm not feeling so left out! Finally got my e-mail from NMDGF. Please make sure you have sufficient funds in your account, blah blah blah.....

Got my email....but so did my buddy and he only put in for deer in an easy to draw archery unit....I am starting to think everyone who gave an email address got the email, or will get it if they didn't check the box.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom