Country-style Eggs Benedict

Blank

Long Time Member
Just a simple one-pan breakfast. First the bacon, then country ham, fried potatoes, and finally soft-fried eggs (don't like the word "poached"). Sharp cheddar and Hollandaise makes it all come together. Yum!!

0E9D756A-1E67-4F55-B265-3FF5419C477F.jpeg

Blank you need your own thread for all your food pics. Like an ongoing thing. This looks delicious

Looks great, as usual. "Poached" eggs are cooked in water, fried is grease/butter... Are your eggs soft -boiled or soft-fried?
Ham cooked in bacon grease?! Yes please.

We have several of the egg cookers, which poach them in water and steam, and they work good for certain things, but only hold 2, 3, 4 eggs. I was doing 6 at one time this morning, so I just soft fried them. Double the butter, and turn the heat down a little and they're perfect!!

When frying eggs the way I like mine, I use a pan with a lid and put a tablespoon or 2 of water in the pan after the eggs start to cook and put the lid on. The steam cooks the white and the yoke doesn’t get too done

Just a simple one-pan breakfast. First the bacon, then country ham, fried potatoes, and finally soft-fried eggs (don't like the word "poached"). Sharp cheddar and Hollandaise makes it all come together. Yum!!

View attachment 23932
Blank you are on hell of a chef do you do the cooking in camp if so an I get an invite LOL how do you do the hollandaise sauce can you give me some pointers please

Haha, yes, I usually do the cooking on most of our family camping trips! Every year we have 4-6 families get together for Mem Day, 4th, and Labor Day. Guys have worked out what they do best - some bacon, some pasta, I'm the dirty eggs breakfast guy. Up to 3 dozen at a time scrambled with potatoes, sausage/bacon, cheese served in hot tortillas or thin sweet pancakes. Girls have decided they are the coffee, juice, fruit, biscuits in the trailer oven queens!!

As for Hollandaise, no real secrets, but a couple tips. It's just egg yolks, lemon, dijon, and butter. Get a good small whisk for best results. Low temp and slow is best, and doesn't burn, stirring constantly for the 3-5 minutes it takes. If using an electric stove, start low 'cause if you start on high there's no cooling off quickly and its gone too fast. Fancy pants cooks use a blender but I don't want to wash another utensil. Most recipes call for salt/pepper/paprika but I prefer to add on top at the end.

Just asking you to finish up with details , in what portions are the egg yolk/ Dijon/ lemon / butter ? Muchas Gracias.

MM faithful say Thanks

Oh, sorry. Sometimes my mind just quits. :)

we use large eggs at home so 3 yolks. If they’re small eggs, you might want 4. One tablespoon of lemon juice, and one teaspoon of Dijon. I like the actual Grey Poupon, as it has a hint of the white wine. Melt about half a cup of butter, slowly drizzle it in as you’re mixing it al up.

same recipe for a blender, but it will be much smoother. Hand stirred can get a little lumpy, but doesn’t affect taste.

If you want to impress white camping, for breakfast make it with a packet of Knorr Hollandaise. Just takes milk and butter, and is amazing on all those over-cooked campfire eggs!! :)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom