County pandemic restrictions

Gunnihunter

I get social distancing and stay at home guidelines. And I understand the fear of the virus in small communities with most likely inadequate health care facilities for a large virus outbreak. Take Gunnison for instance; I know multi decade residents with second homes in Gunnison that leave for 4 or 5 months in the winter. Are they not welcome back to their homes? Others, that their property is truly a second home used occasionally, who believe their safest place may be their mountain hideaway; they are being told to stay away under penalty of law.
Will they all be forgiven their property taxes. I
don’t have the answers, but I know where I would like to be if in that situation.

It's a mess that we will get to argue about for years. I don't like it but don't know,the answer. I haven't heard one I like yet.

I especially don't like the idea of Texas annexing Gunnison.

Mike Huckabee is suing a county in Florida for preventing him from staying at his 2nd. home he owns in that county. I expect him to win the lawsuit and you can bet the lawyers will be lining up the clients for major lawsuits.
RELH

I can see a restraining order, but the taxpayers end up footing the bill for these intramural legal scrimmages.

Have you met your county commissioners? Mine pretty much don't give a crap about your summer home right now. Right or wrong.

My guess is the state of texa$$ has no standing when it comes to your vacation home. Besides, the feds will bailout your summer home eventually anyway. Chill.

I get social distancing and stay at home guidelines. And I understand the fear of the virus in small communities with most likely inadequate health care facilities for a large virus outbreak. Take Gunnison for instance; I know multi decade residents with second homes in Gunnison that leave for 4 or 5 months in the winter. Are they not welcome back to their homes? Others, that their property is truly a second home used occasionally, who believe their safest place may be their mountain hideaway; they are being told to stay away under penalty of law.
Will they all be forgiven their property taxes. I
don’t have the answers, but I know where I would like to be if in that situation.

Gunnison county has a long history (read about their 1918 pandemic response). Seems like they would find a way to provide some tax relief to those denied access to their property.

Have you met your county commissioners? Mine pretty much don't give a crap about your summer home right now. Right or wrong.

My guess is the state of texa$$ has no standing when it comes to your vacation home. Besides, the feds will bailout your summer home eventually anyway. Chill.

The state of Texas and more importantly YOU as an individual have standing when it is YOUR property. You are guaranteed certain rights as a property owner. No county commissioner or Roscoe P Coltrane gets to take those rights away from you FOR ANY REASON AT ALL. In fact they are committing a federal crime by doing so. They need to "Chill". They need to remember they serve us. Live as a subject if you want.

You need to run out and buy some property there. Test it out, put your money where your mouth is so to speak. :rolleyes:

LOL, If it keeps you away, its money well spent.

If I can find you a victim, how about you foot the bill? Or at least come protest. I mean, if its the end of the world, its your moral obligation right?

That's what I am noticing about yall. Our money is good enough for yall but our people aren't good enough. What was it you said about staying in lanes?

Chill, just twisting your tail. I actually could have a dog in this very fight pretty quick. If that happens, I just want to make sure I can count on you on the support team.

If it does happen, I will probably be standing shoulder to shoulder with a Texan from this very site. I like Texas. :)

Feddoc, Thanks for posting this NPR piece. I enjoyed it a lot. Duane Vandenbusche was a history professor at Western State back in 1969 when I went to school there. I googled it and found out he is the longest serving professor in Colorado, 58 years. He is a remarkable man.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom