Couple of Reg G bucks

peez3006

Three of us just returned from our Reg G buck hunt. Warm weather made for some slow hunting. The deer weren't out much during daylight. We managed to round up one good buck. We ended up 2 for 3. John killed his 30"er on the 2nd day of our hunt out of a slide at 458 yrds. I found my buck on the 4th day out of a near by slide at 377 yrds. Two one shot kills. We searched for another three days for Craig's buck, but he wasn't to be found. Nice to check out a couple of our old haunts. Deer numbers seemed down a little and were harder to find. Great time with great friends!

John's buck (hayden3006)
img1383w.jpg

My buck
img1391nn.jpg

Congrats on the deer. 2 out of 3? That blows. Did the third guy have opportunities at other bucks and just decided to pass?

Steve
Derkha derkha Muhammed jihad hakha sherpha sherpha abakhala- Gary of Team America World Police

Yeah, Steve. We saw bucks everyday. Just not anything that Craig was interested in shooting. On the slowest day, we probably only saw six bucks. On the best day, I'd guess that we saw fifteen or so. Some places that have held bucks in the past were empty though.

Don P.

Those are so good bucks for a off year. Glad the trip turned up a few keepers for you guys.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Congrats. Nice bucks. Wyoming rifle deer is always a great time. Need to get back up there myself.

That's funny you should say that, Paul. The whole time I'm backpacking in and out of these places, I'm thinking how much fun fishing would be. I guess that I'm not as tough as I used to be. I just got back from a NV backpack hunt. I helped a friend kill a buck in the wilderness. And I have one more trip in there with a buddy who has a late tag. I'm borderline pooped! Ling cod fishing sounds pretty good right now.

Don P

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom