Covid-19 and New Mexico draw for Non-Residents

gfontela

I'm wondering how the ongoing situation with Covid-19 might have affected non-residents that will usually apply in New Mexico for elk and/or deer. Fronting the cost of those elk tags is not insignificant. I still applied for elk this year but only applied for tougher to draw hunts. I'm thinking draw odds may be a little bit better due to the Covid-19 concerns.

I don't usually apply in NM anymore (I'm right next door to unit 2), but there is a risk this year that you may not be able to "visit" places.

Example. Next door in San Miguel county (Telluride/Norwood area) they are under shelter in place rules and visitors are not allowed under threat of "civil and criminal penalties". The national parks around Moab are also closed. If things dont change, I could see NFS restrictions or closures.

My point is that there is a risk in applying out of state. There is even a risk travelling intra-state. But like tri-state I aint letting the man keep me down.

You guys cant be serious...Record app #s again this year I predict as hunting continues to pull itself off life support

Yeah,it seems to be getting serious we all need to do our best to comply with the restrictions and do our best to shut this stuff dow5

Here in the great State of Kali we shelter in place but are encouraged to be outdoors as long as we do the social distancing thing. I'm going fishing when the wind lets up. Hunting should be fine.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom