Covid 19 facts

fullthrottle

Very Active Member
So the Dems and left wing media continue to place blame on Trump for the covid situation and the way he has handled everything. Huh... here’s a little fun fact for you that compares blue states to red states and deaths per million in each. We all know the blue Democratic states want to shut everything down, masks, goggles, you name it, stay home and sink the economy in the name of covid. Red republican states on the other hand want to open up, go to school, go to work, wear masks as needed, not required everywhere you go. Well, here’s the numbers folks. Blue states: 590 deaths per million, with there tight restrictions and policy to slow the spread. Red states: 370 deaths per million, with more open, free society. Very interesting... What now Dems? Who you going to put the blame on? Why would covid deaths be 60% higher in your democratic run states? Funny how the Dems continue to blame Trump, yet your numbers show you should be blaming the blue government that is running your states. Probably ought to check yourselves.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 11.52.16 PM.png

Did you know that SAN DIEGO county alone has as many people in as ND,SD,MT,Wyo all them put together. That is just one county in CA.
it sure does help when your nearest neighbor is 5 miles away and not just a wall thickness away. Numbers is a easy answer.

That’s a valid point gator. It’s just a real head scratcher how the Dems continually blame Trump for covid, when the fact of the matter is the only one worthy of blame would be China, but that would of course be considered racist. Trump shut travel to and from China down before anyone was overly concerned about covid, hell Nancy was stomping around China town acting like it was no big deal, calling Trump a racist. Looking back now it was the best decision anyone could have made at the time. He gets no credit for that, only blame. Yet it’s the Democratic governors that let their city’s and states run rampant with protest and vandalism with reckless numbers, yet church gatherings can’t exceed 50. Huh...

Don’t expect Gator to understand any kind of logic, he’s still hating on President Trump to much to have open eyes and an honest opinion! He’s gonna claim I’m a trump puppet or a sheep and couldn’t be farther from the truth! His TDS has consumed him beyond rational thoughts! I hope for this country’s sake he doesn’t get his wish and have the Biden/Bimbo ticket win this election

Did you know that SAN DIEGO county alone has as many people in as ND,SD,MT,Wyo all them put together. That is just one county in CA.
it sure does help when your nearest neighbor is 5 miles away and not just a wall thickness away. Numbers is a easy answer.

So, what about red states that share the same conditions as CA?

Numbers are an easy answer (rolls off the tongue easier...)

Local mask insanity news. You militant pro mask people need to stay home.:mad:

"She said five to eight people in line then started screaming at her that she was a “libtard,” that it was a “free country” and that it is “a constitutional right to not wear a mask.”

Wendt said Bartholomew told her to “choke yourself with your mask.”

“I went up and hit him in the face because I felt threatened,” she said.

For the most part the majority of the people in those states live in citys not 5 miles apart.
Yep we can riot, turn and burn cop cars, protest for Black Trans Lives Matter to the tune of 1/4 million people in small area but they padlock the Jewish park down the street for safety reasons....that says it all. Bunch of BS

So... ND, SD, MT, and Wyo are the only red states? If you follow the blue states logic, you have to wear a mask and stay 5 miles apart.

hwy

More facts to ponder:

August 12, 2020: In 43 states where data is available, 44% of COVID deaths are reported to have been among nursing home residents. However, the true number may be higher. The Associated Press reports that states are not reporting the numbers in a consistent manner.[1]

New York state, in particular, is cited for probably understating nursing home deaths. The AP report notes one facility in the Bronx where 21 people died in a 146-bed facility. However, the official data reports only 4 deaths from that nursing home. The discrepancy is tied to the fact that when a nursing home patient is transferred to a hospital and dies there, the death is counted as a hospital death.[1]

When you talk RED state I always think MIDWEST like the states a posted. WHEN talk about walls I'M talking about cities that are heck alot bigger the Salt Lake and they have tons Apts Complex's that have hallways where they pass each other coming and going.
So I bet Salt lake has enough Virus too.
AZ,FL,TX,GA those are RED state's how are they doing.
The % of people vs cases. Ca is like 3.9 % some red state's are higher per population.
I don't like the shutdown. But I'm not in charge if I was it would be 2-3 week shutdown and NO ONE would be moving outside period.
Let's wait and see how the Sturgis rally helps those numbers with all those bikers head back home. I'm sure Ca will have it share of new cases along with alot of other states.

So... ND, SD, MT, and Wyo are the only red states? If you follow the blue states logic, you have to wear a mask and stay 5 miles apart.

hwy

No it only 6 ft wish it was 5 miles I feel like I was home.
But million's people vs those state's population % is a huge different. % is the number you need to see cases vs population.
95% of my family live in one of those state's they are farmer's and rancher's and they tell me they limit the time & number they run into town or sitdown in a cafe to eat and mingle.
sometimes they talk on the road when they meet another truck that they know. they are not having big parties.
60% of the people who live in and around Sturgis voted against the rally. But they still had it. So let wait and see if that was a good idea or a bad one.

Point is GA is one of those states that isn't a shutdown state and now their numbers are rising same as FL. I doubt if most school's will be opening soon if this keeps happening. Here fall sports are pretty much off the table until spring 2021.
Pretty stupid putting kids are risk trying to prove a point not knowing the long term problems that could be involved if those kids get the virus.

You will see the smaller motel's and cafe's go under also. Will they come back in our lifetime??? Hope so but have my doubts.
Govt can't print enough money to keep them in business.

I'm not so sure. I now know a number of positives, none of which got very sick. My sister (who I haven't seen in well over a year) was completely asymptomatic. Circumstantial, sure.

So with nearly half the victims (what's the number today anyway?) already in nursing homes, and God knows what wrong with the other 100k, was it worth it?

Make no mistake, I don't want to get it. But I don't think what we are doing is accomplishing anything except destroying our entire republic. We should have run the numbers and considered other alternatives.

Gator you can be as scared of the virus as you want want but you don’t have the right to tell everyone else that they have to be scared to! Every single business and school should be open, unless the business owner choose not to open, not the governments choice! You can decide in your scary world to stay home on your own or not send your kids to school on your own, not the governments choice! If people don’t go to the business it will close on its own! I can’t believe there are so many people in this country that are so scared of they’re own shadow!

Same back to Bigshot parents have the right to send their kids to school and end up like that school in Ga. I sure wouldn't like to be the kids who carry that virus back in a household of older parents and grandparents who then get sick.
Not Scared BUT NOT STUPID LIKE SOME.

Problems isn't then if you might get the virus it a you will get the virus by crowding kids all together like that. Now it isn't about if they get the virus it's about the long term problems that the virus can have on those kids, BUT I'm sure you will say that all been proven already. I say that Bull$hit.

Funny that your business isn’t closed gator??.....why not?
Because right now it is a one man band and I wear a mask if I visit the jobsites, But we are still bidding on all the request's we are getting. WHY do you need a quote.
All the work I have going is being sub out to other companies (3 Building). Anything else I can help ya with.

AH you are worrying about me that is so cute, BUT I don't swing that way. But you can maybe try Homer he might be able to help ya, He could one or two that do.
6ft apart and wearing a mask works for me.
No mask might be a good deal for you?

first time in the history of the world that we have "quarantined" well people......the definition of "quarantine" doesn't even work for our stupidity........

Definitely the largest in scale, but definitely not the first. Quarantining people with a potential exposure to a highly infectious disease is pretty common. Just hasn’t gotten this much attention before.

Fear and smart go together.
You forgot false FACTS can do the same thing but on the dog collar is a tag that says Stupid does Stupid,

I'm not so sure. I now know a number of positives, none of which got very sick. My sister (who I haven't seen in well over a year) was completely asymptomatic. Circumstantial, sure.

So with nearly half the victims (what's the number today anyway?) already in nursing homes, and God knows what wrong with the other 100k, was it worth it?

Make no mistake, I don't want to get it. But I don't think what we are doing is accomplishing anything except destroying our entire republic. We should have run the numbers and considered other alternatives.

Current estimates are around 40% of cases being completely asymptomatic. Hard to say for sure, because testing of people without symptoms has been inconsistent, but it’s somewhere in that range. It is definitely not something I want. Some of the people that had no symptoms with the initial infection still seem to be at risk for some of the longer term issues like blood clots. There has to be a better balance between minimizing spread and having people function somewhat normally though. People can’t sit home forever.

On the other end of the spectrum, we are burning out the healthcare workforce, and training new people is a disaster currently. Nobody wants the hassle of students and interns. That is a coming issue, and a lot of hospitals are getting hammered financially. The preparations for COVID, reduced normal business, and increased costs of obtaining supplies are killing a lot of small hospitals.

I just want a vacation. I should be on a sheep hunt, I’m not, and I’m cranky!

Definitely the largest in scale, but definitely not the first. Quarantining people with a potential exposure to a highly infectious disease is pretty common. Just hasn’t gotten this much attention before.
That’s not what we are doing.....we are quarantining everyone....regardles if you have been exposed

Fear is based on illogical emotion.

Smart is a level of understanding and discernment which goes hand in hand with awareness and competence.

There is a lot more cover up going on during this pandemic than just face masks.
After the end of this article there is links to studies one link is to a study that the CDC did back in 2018 and the conclusion from that study face masks are not very affective to stop the spread of aerosol type infections. The CDC said that very statement going into this pandemic but for some unknown reason they changed there stance.
To me the pandemic, BLM, the riots the attempt to destroy the country economy, all this has happened since the Senate stopped the impeachment of the President. It is too much of a counincident.

Medical professionals have been using masks for years. The “masks cause ‘rona” dog won’t hunt with most rational people.

Medical professionals have been using masks for years. The “masks cause ‘rona” dog won’t hunt with most rational people.

And usually only when a sick patient might expell bodily fluids to those treating them, or the treatment of an open wound and/or surgery to keep their own "speak spit" out for the transmission of bacteria.

There is a reason that high level virus and bacteria researchers wear full hazmat suits...

I think they do it because its good practice when trying to prevent the transmission of airborne particles. Are you implying it’s unnecessary?

Point is GA is one of those states that isn't a shutdown state and now their numbers are rising same as FL. I doubt if most school's will be opening soon if this keeps happening. Here fall sports are pretty much off the table until spring 2021.
Pretty stupid putting kids are risk trying to prove a point not knowing the long term problems that could be involved if those kids get the virus.

This is still a free country, last time I checked. I have 2 daughters in high school now, if I choose to let them go to school and play sports, that's my choice. If you want to sit in your padded room, in the fetal position, waiting for the virus to end, so be it. You have no say over what my family does. Nor would you give a crap if something else happened to them, unrelated to the virus.
I see what these kids are going through, not being allowed to go to school, and it's devastating.
Yes, I have a dad that's over 80 years old and a father-in-law that has cancer. We stay away from them because of the virus. I wear masks at my work office, to keep people happy.
But, I'll be damned if we are going to change the way we live our lives because of a bug. That's our choice and our right. You make the best decision for your family, as you see fit.

hwy

I understand any article cherry picks the information that best supports the intent of the article. Go read some of the case studies done on face masks there are alot of studies providing info that masks are not as affective as some wants us to believe. I understand the argument, if face masks are not affective then why do Health Care Professionals use face masks. I will point out Health Care Professionals are Professionals they use the appropriate face mask the appropriate way for the situation they need them for.
The using of cloth masks is in no way affective to stop anything except large amounts of spittle.
The idea behind the wearing of masks is to stop the exiting or entering of organisms or germs and the only way they are able to perform that function is to contain the organisms or germs within its material.
I do not believe for the everyday person wearing a mask in most cases wearing it wrong, taking the mask on and off while they are wearing the mask pulling down the mask most of the time when they are speaking is affective use of the intent of the mask
So if you got something that is designed to perform the gathering and holding of unwanted organisms or germs do you really want to be holding it with your hands or putting it in a purse or your pocket.
The worse thing you could do with a essentially a sponge of organisms or germs is to take it home to save to use another day.

My opinion is that the argument is lost when you claim - or even imply - that masks cause the spread of the 'rona. Whether you buy the argument or not doesn't matter as much that nobody else does.

For one thing, most of the people you convince with a tortured analysis designed exclusively to achieve a predetermined result you prolly don't want on your debate team anyway.

As a bubba, in my opinion the only way any argument I have seen claiming masks cause this crap could be made dumber is if it were typed in a southern accent. No offense to anyone with an accent as I perpetuate another foolish stereotype. :)

I have a sweet stylish mask my wonderful wifey got me. It's made in China.:unsure:

Well bluehair call me a dummy if you want, but I will not be putting a spong full of water in my pocket.
Maybe you would like to claim the New Emgland Journal of Medicine as a a southern publication only read by Bubba too dumb to think for there self.
8460.jpeg

A lawyer and a doctor. We almost have a foursome. :)

I understand the argument. I'm just saying that it's pretty low on the list of effective ways to make a point EITHER WAY about how this goat roping is being managed.

I'm surprised that someone besides me wants to die on such a silly hill.

When the face mask mandate is lifted after the Dems get mail in ballots, it will be interesting to see how many people keep wearing masks. If it works now it will help prevent the common flu. And the yearly flu kills grandma and grandpa at about the same rate.

I saw someone yesterday in a car 30 miles off the pavement on a forest service road wearing one. Nobody wears one at the golf course. An attorney in a meeting I was in recently was wearing his over his mouth, but not nose. I think that's my favorite way.

Don't spit on anybody, try to keep a comfortable distance from other people, keep your d!ck skinners away from your face, and wash your hands often and you should be fine. It's not rocket science.

You have a good immune system Homer. Just a guess.

My wife is almost obsessed with hand washing. We've been married 50+ years and she has never had the flu or even a common cold for as long as I've known her. True story.

Don't spit on anybody, try to keep a comfortable distance from other people, keep your d!ck skinners away from your face, and wash your hands often and you should be fine. It's not rocket science.
That is what anyone that was born before the 1980 was taught, Personal Responsibility.
I am a certified Hazardous Materials Technician and I would never allow someone to go into a hazerdous environment just wearing a regular surgical mask. It is insane to me that anyone would think a piece of cloth over there face will keep anything out smaller than dust particles.
I have went back to the FEMA CDC training center in Alabama and they teach for a pandemic situation you should wear at the minimum a charcoal cartridge filterd mask.

An attorney in a meeting I was in recently was wearing his over his mouth, but not nose. I think that's my favorite way.

That's because wearing a mask is stupid and he's only doing it because some idiot politician said he had to.

Those of us that only wear it over our mouth is because we don't have time for the bullshit associated with not wearing one.

The whole purpose of the face covering is "speak spit". Breathing normal through your nose has zero chance of transmission. It's not airborn.

For the purposes of what is "mandated" in the outdoors, yes.
I know someplace up around MI/WI mandated masks for zoom calls, but are you saying your hobbit governor has mandated masks outdoors? I wouldn't be surprised but admit to not keeping up with NM's latest nanny actions.

It's easy to see why the mask thing is such an issue, but it still seems silly to me. Since on most days I only see 1 other person, I should probably recuse myself. But I can't help it.

I know someplace up around MI/WI mandated masks for zoom calls, but are you saying your hobbit governor has mandated masks outdoors? I wouldn't be surprised but admit to not keeping up with NM's latest nanny actions.

It's easy to see why the mask thing is such an issue, but it still seems silly to me. Since on most days I only see 1 other person, I should probably recuse myself. But I can't help it.

Yes she has, while jogging or whatever. Her pathetic excuse is that people who train for high altitude ascent do it to starve themselves of oxygen for conditioning.

The difference is that is a hobby choice. Would like to see her wriggle her way out of a wrongful death lawsuit when somebody keels over because of asphyxiation...

I understand any article cherry picks the information that best supports the intent of the article. Go read some of the case studies done on face masks there are alot of studies providing info that masks are not as affective as some wants us to believe. I understand the argument, if face masks are not affective then why do Health Care Professionals use face masks. I will point out Health Care Professionals are Professionals they use the appropriate face mask the appropriate way for the situation they need them for.
The using of cloth masks is in no way affective to stop anything except large amounts of spittle.
The idea behind the wearing of masks is to stop the exiting or entering of organisms or germs and the only way they are able to perform that function is to contain the organisms or germs within its material.
I do not believe for the everyday person wearing a mask in most cases wearing it wrong, taking the mask on and off while they are wearing the mask pulling down the mask most of the time when they are speaking is affective use of the intent of the mask
So if you got something that is designed to perform the gathering and holding of unwanted organisms or germs do you really want to be holding it with your hands or putting it in a purse or your pocket.
The worse thing you could do with a essentially a sponge of organisms or germs is to take it home to save to use another day.

Those earlier studies on masks are nearly universally studying protection to the person wearing it. The primary use of them during this pandemic is to protect others. The combination of both offers a decent, though not foolproof degree of protection. The “protect others” use is well documented. That is why they’ve been worn in sterile procedures for decades. Patients with highly infectious diseases (think TB, influenza, etc) need to be moved through a hospital, we’ve been putting them in a mask for a very long time. Same principle.

That is probably the best and truest explanation for mask use........I'm still not wearing one.

I’m pretty OK with that. Now, in places where a business is requiring them, I believe that is their right. In cities/counties/states where ordinances have been passed, I guess that is up to you, as long as you accept whatever consequences have been laid out (has anyone been cited anywhere?). What I‘m not OK with, is those who choose to be a dick about it in public. Don’t yell at the cashier because you don’t like the rule the business has in place. Don’t be a dick to people who choose to wear a mask, whether by choice or by law.

Like other personal choices, Do what you want. Respect other people’s choices. Sometimes personal choices disagree with laws and ordinances, as this one does In some cases. We have a mask ordinance in the county where I live. Nobody has been cited for violating it, and there is a certain percentage of both visitors and locals who do. A few have been arrested/cited for being belligerent pricks about it. A few have had the crap beat out of them for the same. Those who just choose not to and don’t make a scene don’t seem to be bothered much, at least that I have seen or heard about. I’m sure there are some pro mask social crusaders who are also dicks about the issue, but I haven’t come across them here.

There are no grocery stores here that don't require masks. Wear a mask or don't eat. I wear a neck gaiter face mask a lot kayak fishing anyway so it seems natural to wear it, but I don't like being treated like a kid. And it's my belief that all they're doing is slowing the spread down and prolonging the agony. It will fade out when we reach herd immunity. But they didn't ask my opinion.

There was a lady without a mask in the grocery store the other day. I told her she looked like the only normal person in the store. She said she had breathing issues and had a doctor's excuse. That's cool.

Let's keep the heat on this. Parts and pieces of this have been around for a while, but it's clearer as the pieces of the puzzle begin to come together. Enough to argue about in here to last a while.

Not that I am against any info in this article, but I have one question.
Why in the hell is Trump keeping Fauci on when I do believe it is obvious he id not doing his job with good intentions?

Not that I am against any info in this article, but I have one question.
Why in the hell is Trump keeping Fauci on when I do believe it is obvious he id not doing his job with good intentions?
That is an excellent question. And whoever else was his boss in goobermint for the last 40 years. I've spent more time with a knife in my hands in that time than the good doctor.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom