COVID negative test.

highfastflyer

Very Active Member
Due to the dramatic increase in Covid cases and the very limited medical resources Wyoming can offer some Legislators are discussing a Summer and possibly Fall requirement for travelers and hunters to get tested before traveling in or through Wyoming. Alaska already has a testing mandate.
  • Arrive with a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within the last 72 hours and present results upon arrival
  • OR participate in a COVID-19 PCR test when you arrive in Alaska, and self-quarantine at your expense until results arrive
  • OR Self-quarantine for 14 days at your expense or the duration of your trip whichever is shorter
Here is the link to Alaska’s process, this might become a more prevalent trend. https://www.forbes.com/sites/suzann...isitors-to-take-a-covid-19-test/#2ff8af1c3818

Interesting concept. Not sure how it would work if you were say, driving from Nebraska to Idaho for a 5 day hunt, and headed home more than 72 hours later.

Anyone on here gotten a test? What was the turn-around time?

The reality is, we are in store for longer restrictions since a large percentage of the US population failed to take this seriously the first time around. I have been hearing of a growing number of Canadian outfitters who are already cancelling their fall seasons as the border reopening continues to be postponed but most Alaskan outfitters I have spoken with continue to be optimistic. Let us hope things turn around by August.

Please please please don’t allow your great states to fall further into this trap. You will forever more and always be jumping at your shadow every time a chicken dies in China or someone gets sick
in NYC. Some states need to hold the line on not amplifying the panic. I live in one of the initial hardest hit states (or so I was TOLD, as still to this day hardly anyone with first hand experiences seems to be around) and plead with you that all this interstate quarantine garbage is not needed. Practically everything would seem normal now, if government would just let it be.

By the way, and this is not to equate dollars with lives because I don’t believe that is the choice before you ... I was in the midst of booking a trip to Maine when they instituted a quarantine/test protocol. I quickly changed gears and booked to Virginia instead, and already have spent over 1,000 there in reservations alone. Maine took heat from their citizens and just relaxed their rules a bit as a the pendulum swung back. Too late for my vacation dollars. The economic costs to states over these chicken-little quarantine stunts probably dwarfs anything we are being told.

Last edited:
My wife got a test yesterday. She got the results back in 15 minutes.
$125.00
Not all tests are created equal.... Over here in Kali some nurses took five tests that were blank and turned them in. All of them came back positive Careful thinking that the test you took was a good one.

My point being most doctors and professionals don't even try to stick with what we factually know. It's always what "could" be. Even when you try to look up "facts" one can't help but wonder how those numbers and totals are generated. As pointed out above, if indeed not all the tests are created equal then how can the numbers from said tests be accurate? Not to mention there is a lot of incentive for those involved to push things one way or the other.

Not all tests are created equal.... Over here in Kali some nurses took five tests that were blank and turned them in. All of them came back positive Careful thinking that the test you took was a good one.
I heard the exact same rumor/myth about a group of nurses at our local hospital in RS. Wonder whose names got attached to those tests? Who were they billed to? Analysis company just processes random tests without any patient info on them? Did the nurses falsify patient information? Must be sneaky nurses all over our country. I would imagine the tests have much better chances of being correct than either of our two rumors.

Do you have a link to an article on this, or is this "anecdotal evidence"? If you have a link, I would like to share it with some people in my family who have self quarantined since this stuff started.

Chew on this for a moment. I had a specific load recipe for a friends rifle that shot great. I gave him all the information and when he tried to duplicate it, it wouldn't shoot near as good. Why?? The problem had to be diagnosed, and it turned out to be a combination of how he was sizing the brass and how he was seating bullets. The difference in practices made all the difference in the world. It's instances like that, that force my mind to think deeper, more logical and more realistic about these types of situations. I'm not a doctor, but I'm not a moron either and I do know how to think for myself and have also learned to trust my thinking as well. Remember, there aren't only "A" student doctors out there, "C" student doctors exist too...

No link because the media is in on it. Don't you see? Pretty sure this has something to do with the time Obama wore a tan suit.

I heard the exact same rumor/myth about a group of nurses at our local hospital in RS. Wonder whose names got attached to those tests? Who were they billed to? Analysis company just processes random tests without any patient info on them? Did the nurses falsify patient information? Must be sneaky nurses all over our country. I would imagine the tests have much better chances of being correct than either of our two rumors.
Do a little research about how many companies are producing tests, how many types of tests have been proven to be inaccurate, and how much the medical world in general believes in their accuracy and you might change your mind. Think for yourself.

Chew on this for a moment. I had a specific load recipe for a friends rifle that shot great. I gave him all the information and when he tried to duplicate it, it wouldn't shoot near as good. Why?? The problem had to be diagnosed, and it turned out to be a combination of how he was sizing the brass and how he was seating bullets. The difference in practices made all the difference in the world. It's instances like that, that force my mind to think deeper, more logical and more realistic about these types of situations. I'm not a doctor, but I'm not a moron either and I do know how to think for myself and have also learned to trust my thinking as well. Remember, there aren't only "A" student doctors out there, "C" student doctors exist too...
Well said and couldn’t agree more. Our biggest problem in this country is that nobody thinks for themselves anymore or uses there own common sense to decipher what you are being told. I encourage everyone to start thinking for themselves and use your instincts more often. I don’t know **** about working on car engines. But I sure as hell can tell when a mechanic is bullshitting me.

Do a little research about how many companies are producing tests, how many types of tests have been proven to be inaccurate, and how much the medical world in general believes in their accuracy and you might change your mind. Think for yourself.
My post has nothing to do with the reliability of the tests and everything to do with people believing BS stories about rogue nurses falsifying tests to prove they are not any good and then passing that information along to others as fact. Since you feel you've got thinking, research and common sense down then research up some facts to back up his story. Think your way through the questions I asked and provide some plausible answers. Does your common sense tell you that his story sounds right? If it does then that is all I need to know about how common your sense is.

My post has nothing to do with the reliability of the tests and everything to do with people believing BS stories about rogue nurses falsifying tests to prove they are not any good and then passing that information along to others as fact. Since you feel you've got thinking, research and common sense down then research up some facts to back up his story. Think your way through the questions I asked and provide some plausible answers. Does your common sense tell you that his story sounds right? If it does then that is all I need to know about how common your sense is.
To your point, I have no evidence of that particular story being correct. But, my wife happens to be a nurse, in Kali. I have heard and seen first hand the issues with these tests for the last few months. Not trying to start a pissing match, shouldn’t have been so rude in my first message, but I’m pretty adamant at this point about encouraging people to stand up and call out the BS that we are being fed. Consider this an apology.

Fair enough and no apology needed.

BTW, here is the Govs latest statement regarding visitor quarantines.

Fair enough and no apology needed.

BTW, here is the Govs latest statement regarding visitor quarantines.

Hope that it holds. I’m taking my family to Wyoming this year. ?

20200702_144131.jpg

I may sound foolish...but....

Every person I talk to about this knows someone who had it. Also no one knows anyone that has died from it. I find it wierd its always someone that someone else knew. No doubt people have died, which is horrible, but a bad flu is much easier to see IMO. That seems odd to me.

I live in rural Wyoming. Nearest neighbor is pretty close; only a half mile away. This must be an urban issue because we just can't get it in our area. We've had 4 people test positive in our county, all in late March and early April from trips out of state. Hundreds (maybe over a thousand) of tests since then and zero positives. It was almost $400 for a coworker to get tested week before last and it took almost a week to get the results; negative.

From my perspective, if this isn't the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people, I don't know what is. 20 people have died in our state in 4 months and nearly every one was in a nursing home or an elderly Native American. That's sad, but not cause for shutting things down.

If you are at risk, by all means, do what you feel is necessary to avoid infection. But please leave the rest of society alone and let us rural Wyoming residents live our lives without the constant barrage of news about COVID. I'm not sure the medical experts, politicians and urban dwellers will ever let us get back to any sort of normalcy.

I sure hope we have a successful and memorable hunting season in 2020 and nothing is shut down. As has been said, social distancing is not an issue for most hunting trips.

I live in rural Wyoming. Nearest neighbor is pretty close; only a half mile away. This must be an urban issue because we just can't get it in our area. We've had 4 people test positive in our county, all in late March and early April from trips out of state. Hundreds (maybe over a thousand) of tests since then and zero positives. It was almost $400 for a coworker to get tested week before last and it took almost a week to get the results; negative.

From my perspective, if this isn't the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people, I don't know what is. 20 people have died in our state in 4 months and nearly every one was in a nursing home or an elderly Native American. That's sad, but not cause for shutting things down.

If you are at risk, by all means, do what you feel is necessary to avoid infection. But please leave the rest of society alone and let us rural Wyoming residents live our lives without the constant barrage of news about COVID. I'm not sure the medical experts, politicians and urban dwellers will ever let us get back to any sort of normalcy.

I sure hope we have a successful and memorable hunting season in 2020 and nothing is shut down. As has been said, social distancing is not an issue for most hunting trips.
Amen!!!!

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom