Cow bison hunts

DonVathome

Very Active Member
What are your thoughts on the cow bison hunts? Book cliffs? Little creek roadless? Henry? How much better are the different hunts? For Henry first vs second hunt?

Do you think there will be more or less tags for these hunts in 2021? I am a NR and adding 1 more NR tag in any hunt except roadless gives me a chance at a max points tag. Otherwise my odds are low.

I wouldn’t plan on many tags this year. Unless they decide to thin the herd, even more, due to range conditions from the drought.

both units can be a walk in the park, both can be a nightmare. Weather, season dates, pressure from other hunts/hunters, and luck will all play into any of the hunts offered. Expect the worst case scenario, hope for the best. I’ve hunted both units. If I could pick between Henry’s and bookcliffs, I’d probably do books and pray they haven’t been pushed off the tops down into the canyons by the time my hunt starts.

Didnt see this post before I commented on the other one...Wondering about the late season henries buff hunts, successful for most? or not so much?

Didnt see this post before I commented on the other one...Wondering about the late season henries buff hunts, successful for most? or not so much?
It’s weird. The years I’ve hunted late cows down there, I was certain, given how hard we had to work to kill ours, and seeing all the trucks driving every road they could find and looking extremely discouraged, that there’s no way there were more than a few more successful hunters during the late seasons. Then the harvest data is published and the hunts had between 70-90% success rate out of 18+ tags.

I heard it was tough this year, but it’s no secret where they go when they get pushed off the mountain. If you had the ability, ambition, stupidity or drive to go into that area and cover ground, you would eventually find them. I’m sure there were a few guys who did just that and had success.

kinda excited to see how the new January late archery hunt goes the next few years. That has the potential to be a nightmare of epic proportions

Yes the January late tag for Archery will definetly be a bit different that October Archery before they get hunted with rifles...

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom