Cow hunt in Unit 2, Dec. 1-5

muzzletim

Well I am packed and ready to go Friday. can't wait. I know it is only a cow hunt but it sure beats work!! Has anyone been scouting lately, how are the roads after the snow? My son was up last weekend, he seen some huge Mule deer but not much for Elk sign. One of the gasworkers told him that he had seen more South of Highway 64. How is that area?

gasbuggy is your best choice! everytime we go to that area..we always ran into elk herds!

Good luck! and let us know how u do...I will be in Gila's chase trophy cow also! this wknd!!

vinihunt

Goodluck to you also, may you shoot the Mama Cow of huge proportions! I am not sure how we can measure up the trophies! haha

Good luck guys! My daughter has a unit 2 youth cow tag, so I will be up there looking for a hoochie mama as well!

We went on unit 2 had 4 cow tags and killed 4 cows 100% great hunt had fun by day 3 it was over. we have done this 4 years in a row. Maby we are just lucky. Later Bill

My 10 yr old daughter had a youth tag for the unit 2 hunt. She had two shot opportunities at approx 200 yds and just couldnt connect. I had a cow tag for unit 51 this last weekend and I filled it yesterday afternoon.

nmmuley

congrat on cow in unit 51..which part of 51..what r u driving? we were at trout lake area forest 124/125..we used atv's and saw few cows & didn't get a shot at them...

lots of snow up there..is it??

vinihunt

vinihunt,

I think we ran into you guys twice this last weekend. I recognized you after the fact with those black goggles. I was driving that Silver 4 door f150 fx4. We saw you guys yesterday around 11am coming up that atv trail which connected back to FS 124. After we talked to you guys we headed to the backside of Canjilon and setup all afternoon watching some timber that transitioned down to some sage brush flats. At about 3:45 several cows stepped out at about 250 yds and the rest is history.

Sure was alot of snow, I was glad I picked up chains for my truck or we would have been screwed to say the least.

nmmuley

That's what I thought after I recognized you from deer picture that u posted....congrat on your cow...did ur hunting buddy got one also? yes that's me with black goggle..my brother, my cousin and I..
yeah glad u had the chains...1 truck got stuck saturday way back near Trout Lake..and couldn't help them..they weren't prepared and they are from Espanola..
usually we see alot of elk where we hunt...now they are not there! guess the snow made them move away!! lots of deer..and million of tracks but no where to be found elk!!!

had fun anyway!!! again..congrat on ur elk and always next year!

vinihunt

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom