Cow Moose

So there are no random 50% tags available?
IMG_3633.jpeg

I’m in 323.5 and getting worse with every passing year. Odds are very slim you’ll cash in your sub max points before you die.

So you're sayin' there's a chance...

People pull these tags every year with minimal points. Not a whole lot different than states with limited tags and no point system.
No, there’s really no chance with the amount of increasing applicants compared to the declining number of permits given annually. Sure, someone has to get lucky and get that random tag. But the odds are not anywhere close to where you can plan on drawing a tag in your lifetime unless you have max points. And even then, at the rate tags are being issued, it will take 20 years to clear out the current max point holders

No, there’s really no chance with the amount of increasing applicants compared to the declining number of permits given annually. Sure, someone has to get lucky and get that random tag. But the odds are not anywhere close to where you can plan on drawing a tag in your lifetime unless you have max points. And even then, at the rate tags are being issued, it will take 20 years to clear out the current max point holders

But only 50% of the tags go to max points. The remaining are up for grabs.

There are way more people that apply that cannot "plan" than do.

For completely random states, not being able to plan is a reality of life.

But only 50% of the tags go to max points. The remaining are up for grabs.

There are way more people that apply that cannot "plan" than do.

For completely random states, not being able to plan is a reality of life.
7 random tags went into the pool for nearly 5,100+ people who applied for all the available tags in 2022.

9 went to 52 who applied with max points.

Which scenario is the bigger pipe dream?

I don't understand anyone hunting a cow or doe anything. An animals antlers or horns are what make it unique in my eyes... This many people want to kill a cow moose.?

I had the Northslope cow tag a few years ago. It was fun hunt for my kids to go along with me on. The meat was really good. I got the hide done with hair on and hangs on my garage wall.

Not sure you always need unique antlers as a reason to hunt something.

I killed a cow moose in East Canyon/Davis/Salt Lake in 2004. It was an awesome experience. I’m currently sitting in 12 NR cow moose points for Utah. Drew a Colorado cow moose this year. I like to moose hunt more than I like wishing I could go moose hunting, and more than wishing I had a unique rack of antlers….. I’ll be applying for the only NR cow moose tag Utah is giving this year. There is next to zero chance I’ll draw but it would be cool to have 2 moose tags in the same year.

Todd

We had some moose that won’t killed on the Cache. sure some in all northern Utah.
hope they cut permits until they have a better idea on populations

Not true. Last year's nonres tag went to someone with 2 pts.
How many of the non res applicants can apply in their lifetime expecting a tag? 0. How many residents with less than max can apply in their lifetime expecting a tag? It’s the same answer.

How many of the non res applicants can apply in their lifetime expecting a tag? 0. How many residents with less than max can apply in their lifetime expecting a tag? It’s the same answer.

Wrong. All the non-residents can apply in their lifetime expecting a tag. Whether or not they get the tag is another matter.

Stop saying only those with max points are allowed to apply...

Wrong. All the non-residents can apply in their lifetime expecting a tag. Whether or not they get the tag is another matter.

Stop saying only those with max points are allowed to apply...
Where did I say only those with max are allowed to apply? Did I stutter? Or do you struggle with basic reading comprehension?

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom