Cowboys fan no more

txhunter58

Long Time Member
Well, they did it. I have been a loyal Dallas Cowboy fan since I was a young kid. Jerry Jones had just about run me off when he hired Parcells and got me interested again. However, Jones has finally scraped the bottom of the barrel, and that was the last straw. With the signing of "T O" I have lost all respect for him/them. Won't be watching any of their games this year, even if they reach the super bowl.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

Okay but we dont want to see you jumping back on the wagon once T.O. has us in the SUPERBOWL!!!!!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-06 AT 09:08PM (MST)[p]Reread my post, especially the last sentence. The only way I will watch the super bowl would be to pull against them. You can have YOUR team. Don't want my kids to think that kind of "winning is the only thing and its ok to be a jerk if you are good enough" mentality is ok.

Don't think I came to this decision lightly. I really don't have any other team that I want to pull for. They have been my team. Even though I am from Texas, I have never pulled for the Oilers or the Texans. Dallas was My team. But not any more.

In my book, if they win with him, they are not winners.

JMHO.

txhunter58

Is there really any difference between Keyshawn and TO? Looks like business as usual in Big D. :)

BOHNTR )))---------->

A guys got to love the cheeseheads the Packers are owned by just common people not some rich oil mogul or somebody born with a silver spoon in their mouth. Greenbay has got to be one of the friendliest cities in the country and great traditions such as the players riding kids bikes that wait outside the stadium to the practice facilities. T.O. is a cancer for a team especially the second year of his contract.

You lived through Neon Deon Sanders you can live through this.
He probably won't make it though the season with Parcells!

T.O. recorded the worst rap song ever about his new deal with the cowboys. It's all about "I told you I'd get paid", and crap like that. They played it on The Ticket (a Dallas sports radio station) this morning. Let's just hope he catches better than he raps. But I think him keeping his mouth shut is out of the question.

I guess the good news is that if he blows up the Cowboy locker room, we weren't a playoff team to begin with. And with an old QB, and a coach that won't be around after this season, they're going to have a bunch of changes to make anyway.

Here's the link to this pathetic song: It comes up when you open the page.

http://www.terrellowens.com/

WH

I lived in Dallas for 13 years and the Cowboys will ALWAYS be my team. Im just as upset about TO has anyone else is. He will likely ruin the teams chances for success in the next few years, assuming that he lasts that long. I can still love the team and hate the player. I will root for Dallas forever, but would love to see T.O. fail week in and week out.

Come on TX Hunter! Get Real! You are telling me that T.O. will turn you away from the Cowboys and players like that ingorant loudmouth arrogant jerk Randy White, the original drug addict Hollywood Henderson, the ultimate hired gun and master of selfishnes Deion Sanders, COCAINE HEAD CRACK ADDICT Michael Irvin, pot dealing Nate Newton, Showboating dope smoking Leon Lett,and the wost of all Jerry Jones,an owner who fires one of the most revered coaches in the game (Tom Landry) and his Back to Back Super Bowl winning coach (Jimmy Johnson) in favor of Barry Switzer didn't? Give me a break! T.O. is exactly what the Cowboys have been for the last 30 years! At least he doesn't do drugs! I sure hope that you aren't telling your kids that all of that other stuff was OK but now it's not OK for TO - who by the way is the BEST RECEIVER IN THE GAME - is an automatic TD threat every time they throw him the ball and is in possibly the best physical shape he could be at all times and will kill himself on every single play blocking, receiving, running whatever - to demand a large sum of money for his services? I don't agree with what he did to Philly - I also think he is a selfish arrogant cry-baby pee-pants moneygrabber but that is how he makes his living. If you don't think that the NFL is all about money money money then you are a deceived, naive typical Cowboys fan who will be right back cheering for "America's Team" as soon as T.O. takes his first pass from Bledsoe 75 yards for a TD and promptly runs back to that big ugly Star in the middle of the field and stretches his arms out again just like he did when he was a 49er but this time as a Cowboy to the raccous cheers of Texas Stadium.

ROY

"As long as I teach my kids to love God and hate the Cowboys I will feel that I have been a successful parent."

Damn it guys , T.O. is the missing link that offence needs . He's a deep ball threat and Bledsoe can still dang sure throw the ball , now they have to build up the O line to give em time to work . I'm a Bronco fan , and when I heard the Broncos were looking and speaking to T.O. ,I was pumped . My family is a Cowboy family other than a few of us who love the blue & orange , but they are all happy here , I say go Cowboys , just not on game day vs. Broncos ...

I've always been a cowboy hater. I think TO is a joke. But i'd rather have him playing for me that against me. :)

Bottom line the boy can play.

I'm a Die hard Miami Dolphin fan. We just picked up Daunte Culpepper. I think what he did in Minny last year sux. But I'd rather have him than Gus Ferotte. :)

www.gilawildernesshunting.com

crazy , your nuts bro , he didn't do anything last year but get hammered . The whole love boat deal with people blaming him never panned out , the stuff about him was bogus . Congrats any how , maybe now the fish will do something...

}> I hope T.O. tears up a knee in training camp!!! He's a pitiful example of what the NFL has become and he's playing for an owner about as ethical as he is!! They deserve each other!! }>

Don't get me wrong, when my son told me we got Daunte, I was jumping with joy :). he he

Yeah there was a lot of rumor but hell if I was invited to that shing ding i would have said Hell yeah.

Maybe the tunas with at least go to the playoffs :)

www.gilawildernesshunting.com

T.O's stint with the Ravens should of warned the Eagles, players like T.O. is why I gave up on the NBA, I've never liked the Cowboys & this proves why.

If I can live with Barry Bonds, you can live with T.O. LOL!

Dallas is obviously going for broke this year. Jones will either look like a hero or a goat! Besides, T.O. will stay happy if they throw him the ball every down!

VINI, SAY IT ISN'T SO.

Better watch out for them Boys this year. A loaded offense with a strong defense, they could make a serious run this year. Terry Glenn's going to have a huge year with everybody trying to cover T.O. They also have to think about covering Witten while they're at it. And while they're busy trying to cover all these guys, Julius Jones and Marion Barber are going to be running wild behind the re-vamped offensive line.
Well... it's a good dream anyway. They'll have at least 3 or 4 games of that before T.O. does something stupid and sits out the rest of the season.

My wife has refused to root for them since Jones fired Landry so shabily. I was more of a die hard fan, but it has just been getting worse and worse during the time it went from America's team to "Jerry's team". T O is just the last straw.

txhunter58

I too have lived through the firing of Tom Landry. The forceout of Jimmy Johnson. (If he would have stayed it would have been 4 or 5 Rings in a row.) The untimely releases of Troy and Emmit. When Deion came to the team, I almost left. BUT, the fact remains, sometimes players with the best skills have baggage. Deion was, in his prime, the Best DB ever. If he's not, who was? T.O. will bring back the swagger to the Cowboys recieving corps that has been missing since Irvin. I don't admire Owens as a person lately, but as a football player I do. The Cowboy swagger as a team has been gone for a while. If T.O. revives it, I won't complain. mtmuley

well he pissed me off first when he fired tom landry through the newspaper/tv instead of in person !!!!! but I got over it with the triplets, and neon deon !!!!! and the three rings that came with them ! this too will pass- I freaking hate that bastard for the "star" incident, but like deon sanders- jerry thinks flashy will win. I'll give him the chance- I will tell you that no matter what parcells will NOT tolerate any crap from "t.o." c'mon rings !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
M WAITE, AZ.

As a lifelong Cowboy fan, I am incredibly dissapointed with the T.O. signing. But then again I'm dissapointed with pro sports in general. There is no disputing his ability. I just hate what else he brings with him. Namely his me first, hey look at me, you can't spell "team" without "me", me, me, me, me attitude. It's too late for me to change teams now. But it is a dark day in Dallas as far as I'm concerned.

Idabuck I'd like to read his contract on BEHAVIOR problems because we know there will be pages on code of conduct.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom