Coyotes near Show Low

CHWino_1

Wife and I retired here in Lakeside in April. Obviously it's not prime winter coat season, but I'm looking for something to do. Bought my NR license and also know there are tons of public lands nearby. Tried a couple of times in the timber country east of Lakeside but it doesn't look like coyote country. Thanks for any tips.

I never liked hunting coyotes in the tall pines. If you go north towards and past Snowflake, you will find plenty of good places to go. If you’re worried about public vs private, you can get the Apache Sitgreves [sp] map and you will see what’s public. The trouble with a lot of those areas is that they are surprisingly populated. Just outside of Show Low, there are at least 5 communities sprawled out. Places like Lindon, Clay Springs, silver creek, Vernon and others I can’t remember.
Congratulations on the move. I love it up here. I recently moved back to my hometown of Holbrook after 17 years in the City.

Not many people will admit to being from Holbrook. :ROFLMAO:

I have no doubt you would remember some of my relatives who lived there. I had them scattered all over that country. My wife was born in Winslow.

On topic, I agree with heading north until you get to the broken country. Remember, you can’t hunt on the Rez with an AZ license.

Well had you moved closer to me and was willing to set on a mule all winter we couldve followed my hounds til your arse couldnt take it no more. Plenty of coyotes towards Concho Casey. My grandparents use to live there so I spent a fare amount of time that way. But right now you oughta be around Big lake enjoying the bugles. Come October get a bear tag and then there is Abert squirrel hunting which is an absolute blast with bow and arrow or watching grandkids run them up a tree and knockem out with a 22. Your welcome to come camp with us late October in 27, couple friends have Coues tags. We will have the Wall tent set up and probably a tottie or two in the evenings.

So good to hear from you Ralph. Still very much enjoying being out of CA. Imagine my gang hunting blacktails in 115 heat! Luckily a 6 week season a guy can pick and choose.

I'm expecting to hear some elk in my area soon. Sure glad this will be the first time in 43 years I won't be running a harvest crew picking wine grapes in September! Cheers buddy.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom