coyotes

Am thinking about doing some trapping this fall/winter to help reduce the coyote numbers and help out the wildlife. Anyone know of places or areas that seem to have an over abundance or way more coyotes than usual?

Will more than likely be trapping public ground, but if someone had a lead on private that would be great. I caught 46 last year here in WI so although not a pro, can put the hurts on a few predators. Thanks

In Utah it's very easy to find coyotes... First thing you do is find any place outside and there ya have it.

On a serious note, there are coyotes everywhere. Hit any national forest and start trapping.

I know what you mean about coyotes being everywhere. I thought there might be regions or areas that held more yotes. I know thats a mighty hard ? to answer, i probably should be calling biologist. As in hunting and fishing always looking for the most target rich environment i can find.

Let me ask you this, I have 10 points for elk. I was going to go w/an outfitter but have changed my mind on that. I have a good friend that i started hunting w/a few years ago. He has no points but i finaly talked him into starting this year. We will put in together until we draw. I know that hurts me but is so much more fun and rewarding hunting with a buddy than to go alone w/ an outfitter even if means waiting longer and taking a smaller bull or no bull.

My ? is what is a couple units that we would or should be first to get a muzzy tag in and have a chance at a 300" bull or bigger? If I could figure that out that's where I would trap coyotes and scout for elk.
Thanks for any ideas or feedback on this.

Bookcliffs for both coyotes and elk looking.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom