Coyotes

bucks

I am just wondering if anyone besides myself has noticed a decline of coyotes this winter,I have a trapline and the catches are way down also not seeing the sign I usually do,I talked to a trapping buddy over in Colorado and the Dakota areas and he confirmed that the coyotes are also way down in the areas he traps?Im not complaining just wanting to know if anyone else has noticed this.

I am just wondering if anyone besides myself has noticed a decline of coyotes this winter,I have a trapline and the catches are way down also not seeing the sign I usually do,I talked to a trapping buddy over in Colorado and the Dakota areas and he confirmed that the coyotes are also way down in the areas he traps?Im not complaining just wanting to know if anyone else has noticed this.
I noticed just the opposite… I’ve never seen so many damn coyotes in Northwest Colorado like I saw this fall. I’ve been hunting over there for over 20 years and only actually put a eyeball on maybe a dozen. But this fall alone I probably seen a half a dozen or so in four trips out there. I did buy a electronic call for Christmas for myself. And I’m going try to go out there and get some... Or I would tell you where they were at.. ? It does depend on the weather. Hopefully I can get back in there with all this snow..

Didn't see or hear any on the Pauns in Sept, Idaho had tons when hunting antelope in Oct. I heard a bunch and saw 3-4 in Dubois WY in Nov, and like 2Lumpy saw a lot in Unit 1 of Kansas in Dec

Found a lion kill today,Small 4X3, lots of bobcat tracks, still sticking to what I am seeing, not many coyotes were I'm at,THANK goodness!

Last edited:
I know in Nebraska and Wyoming that mange has taken a toll.
We shot coyotes in both States last year with the crappy stuff and we've seen far fewer this year than normal. Far fewer!

I'm sure that mange hasn't killed them all but has certainly reduced number where it was prevalent.

Zeke

I noticed just the opposite… I’ve never seen so many damn coyotes in Northwest Colorado like I saw this fall. I’ve been hunting over there for over 20 years and only actually put a eyeball on maybe a dozen. But this fall alone I probably seen a half a dozen or so in four trips out there. I did buy a electronic call for Christmas for myself. And I’m going try to go out there and get some... Or I would tell you where they were at.. ? It does depend on the weather. Hopefully I can get back in there with all this snow..
Don't worry the wolves, will take care of the yotes, once they get them fully established in colorado

Didn't see or hear any on the Pauns in Sept, Idaho had tons when hunting antelope in Oct. I heard a bunch and saw 3-4 in Dubois WY in Nov, and like 2Lumpy saw a lot in Unit 1 of Kansas in Dec
August/September 2020 coyotes were crazy on the Paunsaugunt. I couldn't tell you what happened within a years time to make it the complete opposite.

Found a lion kill today,Small 4X3, lots of bobcat tracks, still sticking to what I am seeing, not many coyotes were I'm at,THANK goodness!
We have more than we need in West Central Texas. Got to thin them out before fawns start dropping this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom