CPW CWD Film Series

Bluehair

Long Time Member
We’ve had lots of discussion here about CWD and the difficulty in “seeing” it in the field. I’m guilty of it.

It’s apparently an important enough question that they put together a film series.

Interesting little series, watched it the other night... most will just shrug it off as propaganda...

What I saw was no facts and a bunch of" I thinks?" by state employees that have no idea the long term effects of CWD.

Blah Blah Blah! The only positive thing I got out of their videos is the fact that it is important to have cooperation and support from private landowners to battle CWD!

CWD transmission and prevalence increases where deer and elk congregate. If you’ve hunted Colo and Wyo you are well aware that game congregate on private land.

The best thing the CPW and WG&F can do to battle CWD is to open up more hunting opportunities on private land that will scatter game over the landscape. Hunting programs similar to walk-ins and hma’s are a great step in the right direction.

They kept saying we can make a difference using “management strategies”. But the only 2 they mention:
1) Increase overall harvest
2) increase harvest of mature bucks

If that is the best we can come up with, we are truly in a sad state of affairs going forward. Because those changes have to be permanent to make a difference.

They kept saying we can make a difference using “management strategies”. But the only 2 they mention:
1) Increase overall harvest
2) increase harvest of mature bucks

If that is the best we can come up with, we are truly in a sad state of affairs going forward. Because those changes have to be permanent to make a difference.
Why do think they increased buck licenses and pushed the seasons so far fourth season is now going past thanksgiving

There is no question that is why they did that. And they have gone on record in the past with that as the stated game plan.

It is just sad that they don’t have something else by now as a viable management tool.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom