CPW final wolf summary report

Does anyone actually know where the woofs will be released?

The rumor I heard (1 of the reintroduction sites) is way south of what I was expecting.

Final report next week it sounds like.

Hoping for RMNP. That would actually make sense. Doubting that will happen. Haven’t heard anything specific, but suspect San Juan Wilderness is on the table.

I think western slope should be adequate enough to say for releases. What county is really irrelevant IMO. I follow this way to close to see any differentiation.

Hoping for RMNP. That would actually make sense. Doubting that will happen. Haven’t heard anything specific, but suspect San Juan Wilderness is on the table.
There is no such thing as “San Juan Wilderness”

Last edited:
Releasing 10 to 15 a year for 3 years. So 45 max wolves released total or what?

Why are they so vague about the number?

Is every wolf gonna have a collar?

They should collar all wolves and free range livestock with the wolves having a shock collar if they get to close to the livestock would activate shocking the wolf. But ya can't do that! That would be cruel!!

Yes, South San Juan. But I was not correct about release there.

They decided to release them just south of the middle of western CO. 2 guys having a beer could have decided that: “Uh, let’s release them the farthest away from front range/eastern Colorado and our borders”

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom