Crazy Colorado people

Craig

Very Active Member
You people that live in Colorado are crazy to go up in the mountains with the crazy weather you have around there. I am on vacation in Colorado Springs and I took my kids up to Santas Land to go on rides and stuff. We leave the house and it is nice out with clouds. We get up to Santas land. I think it was about 7500 feet. in about ten minutes it goes from clouds to pouring down rain and lightning all over the place and thunder that makes your chest rattle. Then the rain stops and big a## hail starts falling for about five minutes and drops about a 1/2 inch of hail. then 20 minutes later it's all over.

Do you have this weather during hunting season or during scouting. We were only about 7500 feet and some of you hunt at 11,000 feet or higher. How do you deal with the crazy weather and what do you do of a storm rolls in and your above timberline. Do you just hunker down. Have you ever been stuck in a scary weather storm up there.

All this rain should help you guys out a little. I have only seen one nice buck that looked like he was going to be a big guy when he is done growing. We were driving down I-25 by the air force academy and he was standing next to the freeway eating.

sounds you were in highcountry on a good day. used to live outside o' fairplay, in the before southpark cartoon days. worked at almost 13000 feet. talk about weather swings.....

You gotta love it. Sunday I started a hike in hazy sunshine and a slight drizzle at 12,000 feet, an hour later it was snowing like the middle of January along with thunder and lightning. Just hunker down and hope it passes.
coldmountain4.jpg

Yep just like the old addage says..."if you dont like the weather, wait 5 minutes, it will change."
The last 5 or 6 days have been heaven with all the rain and cooler temperatures! I love it!
Jeff

The North Pole is a awesome place to visit. Hope you still got to do most of the rides they have there. My "waterproof" tent was swimming in about an inch of water on a HCB hunt a few years ago. Thats how relentless the rain was. Started snowing like a mad man a few days later, and that was in early September.

cohnter....sounds like our motto here in WA. "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes or drive 5 miles." LOL. Not usually as bad as that though.

yep in colorado the weather is crazy. I was hiking with a buddy last year and it was mostly clear, then the wind started, then it clouded over, then we could see the rain coming, then it was raining and hailing very hard, then the the tall pines us starting snapping and falling all around us, then we hauled a.. outta there.. this happen within 10minutes.. crazy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom