Crazy Shed

huntingisfun

Strange antler I found.
20220319_145138.jpg

Went out today. Despite of a lot of boot tracks found this funny little bugger. Aaaaaand a fresh brown in the area I searched three weeks ago. Don’t quit guys if you see a boot print might be an amateur ?

5E141AE3-EFAC-4E65-B55D-71BBDF74E812.jpeg

C93094A2-6C19-46BC-94C6-4805916F0FE7.jpeg

A young man called me up and asked if I could measure an antler for him. Said it was real big and he had no idea how to measure it. Most of the time when some one says real big, you can count on something less than real big. That was not the case with this one. Eleven points and 234 total inches.
DSCN3666.JPG
DSCN3665.JPG

Ranch bull?
Public land, Montana.
I will never post up anything from a pen.
The bull suffered traumatic injury to the antler when in the velvet were a third would normally grow and that caused at least three big nontypicals to grow. The drop is broken off, and was laying only a few yards from where the antler lay. I think it probably broke off when the bull shed. 152 inches typical and 82 inches NT.
The other side was only yards away, It is a five point typical (missing third) with a 6 inch split on the forth. 156 inches total.

Public land, Montana.
I will never post up anything from a pen.
The bull suffered traumatic injury to the antler when in the velvet were a third would normally grow and that caused at least three big nontypicals to grow. The drop is broken off, and was laying only a few yards from where the antler lay. I think it probably broke off when the bull shed. 152 inches typical and 82 inches NT.
The other side was only yards away, It is a five point typical (missing third) with a 6 inch split on the forth. 156 inches total.
I bet that bull had some kind of injury to his body and that is what caused the deformed antlers. The spider bull had an injury that most likely caused him to be what he was. Was suspected he was shot the year before and survived.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom