Credit card charge New mexico game and fish

I got charged on 6/26 also. It was my elk fee. Hopefully I'll see bighorn, deer and lopes on there in the next couple days.
-Raptor

congrats to u all!!

where ur grandpa will be hunting for muzzle?

NMTAXI...javelina is fun to hunt! have killed 7 so far! if u need a good area..can help you! what unit elk did u drew?

still cross my finger :)

vinihunt

Vini, I'm sure I could use plenty of help on the piggies. I drew unit 15 muzzle for elk, but not sure which hunt yet. Probably Oct. 16-20.

NMTAXI

unit 15? dang!! ur so lucky!!! hold for a big bull till on the last day! i went unit 15 2 years ago...what a area! my cousin ended up killed an nice 6x5 bull on second day!

piggy..plenty of time till Feb...we ll talk!

congrats

vinihunt

I got hit with a charge for 760$ !!!!!! premium tag for archery but dont know what one. 1st choice Valle Vadel, second was a gila unit second season. Being the odds were close to the same i would guess with this new system i bet i got Valle Vadel(spelling)
I kind of hope its the gila since i know a spot there already but if not i am sure someone here has to know something about the Valle unit, Right??????? Huh?? Anyone?? its a once in a lifetime draw so i dont want to waste that one if i get it.
I was told there are high numbers there but not the quality of the gila, anyone have any comments on that?
Schmalts (with a stiffy)

Schmalts, I'm not an expert on the Valle Vidal, but it should be one heck of a hunt. It may not produce the 400+ bulls that the Gila does, but you have an excellent chance of getting a 350+ bull. In fact, I think your chances of success are much higher on the Valle Vidal. There's a reason it's once in a lifetime, and the Gila is not. Talking to hunters that have been there, the overall experience of that hunt is second to none.

RE: Valle Vidal

I drew an elk tag in the Valle Vidal a number of years ago and took a 320 6x6. My hunt was in October and the night before the open there was a ten inch snowfall. The next morning the bulls were bugling like crazy, but I never was able to get in on one bull with a particularly deep chuckle who never would come out of the dark timber. I did pass on 50 yard shot on a 280 class 6x6.

The next day warmed up and all elk activity simply shut down. For the next three days I saw no more than four to six elk a day, and nothing of consequence. This hardily seemed like a "once in a lifetime" type experience. The elk were feeding at night and retiring into the timber right at daybreak. The landscape was very dry and most attempts at putting on a sneak in the timber was like walking on corn flakes.

On the fifth day, I was fortunate to locate a nice herd of cows and bulls hiding out in a small, obscure island of timber in the middle of an expansive valley and took the biggest bull of the group, which turned out to be the largest bull I saw during the week.

The Valle Vidal is outstanding elk country and you could see lots of bulls (I did during an August scouting trip), but like all elk hunting, activity is weather dependent and if the temperatures turn warm, you might have to hunt hard to locate a quality bull. I felt that I put in a strong effort, but never found anything close to a 350+ bull. I felt fortunate to take the 320 6x6, which is my only bull elk to date. He now resides happily over my fireplace mantle.

Good luck in the Valle Vidal.

RE: Valle Vidal

LAST EDITED ON Jun-30-04 AT 08:25AM (MST)[p]Just got another tag. I knew I had an Elk tag deducted from CC on Friday. Unit 2B Deer tag deducted on Tuesday.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom