Credit Card Hits

Congrats to all who drew!! Lets hear from those that drew on how many points it took?? I'm wondering how bad the point creep was?

You need to know how many guys at each point level have been riding the pine with points only and they don't show up in the draw reports. If AZ is anything like WY there are a **** ton; WY averages less than 1/3 of all applicants with points at each point level actually applying for an Elk tag.
This. Due to work and scheduling issues, on my deer application, I’ve been buying points for 10+ years. Sitting on 17 now. I’ll continue to by points only until everything lines up at work. I already know this year I’ll be purchasing a bonus point only. I want to spend several weeks in 13B without having to hurry back to work! I’m in no rush! ?

Just logged in to find this:

Draw Apps​

Darn it! Looks like you didn't get drawn for the 2021 Mid-Winter season. It happens to us all. Better luck with the next Big Game Draw opportunity!

Guess no more holding out hope. OK NM, you're next.

No draw for me. I have 24 elk points & 6 antelope points. It shows those amounts on my bonus point totals but only gave me 23 & 5 on my applications!!!!!!! The same as my 2020 application totals. What a **** show!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably never added my loyalty points on my applications!!!!

No draw for me. I have 24 elk points & 6 antelope points. It shows those amounts on my bonus point totals but only gave me 23 & 5 on my applications!!!!!!! The same as my 2020 application totals. What a **** show!!!!!!!!!!!! Probably never added my loyalty points on my applications!!!!

It helps to know what you're looking at when viewing your application on the portal. Specifically, under the column heading "individual bonus points".

It helps to know what you're looking at when viewing your application on the portal. Specifically, under the column heading "individual bonus points".
I would agree but I have several family members who's "individual bonus points" are showing incorrectly. Here's a list of screw ups I've seen so far:
1. Bonus points showing incorrectly on apps ( on several people)
2. Family member got charged for 2 separate $135 charges on Thursday and today sees his kids drew 2 $50 youth tags.
3. A guy applied by himself with 9 points and now has a random guy he doesn't know attached to his app on his portal that has 0 points.
4. A guy that got charged for three elk tags Thursday and today checked his portal, his wife's, and his daughter and only showing one person drew a tag.
5. Three guys that applied together. Each had two points but app is showing they averaged at 7

That's all in the first 6 hours of releasing results. This draw was completely f'ed and noone can say otherwise.

The app screen in the portal doesn’t show loyalty nor hunter Ed points, his screen is normal for an app with a loyalty point.

Here is one example. Person has 7 bonus points and 1 loyalty. No hunter ed. They show 7 individual and 9 average. Years past individual and group points always matched the total number of points regardless if they were bonus hunter ed or loyalty. Suddenly this year they don't? And to top it off they're wrong.

Screenshot_20210320-143528_Chrome.jpg

My individual bonus points when viewed from the portal application screen show species points, and the group bonus points show total (species/loyalty/hunt ed) going into the draw. It's been that way on my account since the portal was created. I have no idea why your example has an extra point in the group column other than as you say, it's messed up. The one thing that was stressed years ago when I called the licensing div and asked about that screen and the points was, it wasn't a snapshot of my actual application. Why they even show those point columns is beyond me.

Last edited:
When I click on my draw results & then click details it says Individual Bonus Points 13. I have 15 counting Hunter Ed & Loyalty points. In small print on lower left corner it says Group Average Bonus points 15 for this application. I applied alone so they used all my points for this draw. It does the same thing on my Pronghorn application. Kind of a weird way to show points.

I would almost expect a late charge for that because last year all nr with 13+ drew a tag and it's hard to believe there was point creep on that hunt this year.
Portal now says "Not Drawn". This was for my Step Dad who is almost to the end of his hunting years. Wanted to find a hunt where he had a decent chance without lots of hiking.
Seems like applications are up quite a bit, maybe with a bit more vacation time and discretionary income from other vacation choices being shut down more people are applying instead of buying points. Hopefully it calms down so he can get a tag next year.

Crap im sorry man
It’s all good, but thank you. I’m not a cynical person, but it’s difficult to have any trust in the Arizona draw system THIS year. I play the odds in 10+ states every year and rarely complain, so please don’t think I’m wearing a tin foil hat. Arizona draw was an absolute pile of **** this year. I don’t care about all of the comments that talk about willingness to wait as long as they get it right. Those people are putting their trust in the wrong hands without questioning the source. I find it hard to believe that a unit that took 11/12 points to draw two years ago when the season dates were not substantially more ideal, took 14 or more to draw this year.

It’s all good, but thank you. I’m not a cynical person, but it’s difficult to have any trust in the Arizona draw system THIS year. I play the odds in 10+ states every year and rarely complain, so please don’t think I’m wearing a tin foil hat. Arizona draw was an absolute pile of **** this year. I don’t care about all of the comments that talk about willingness to wait as long as they get it right. Those people are putting their trust in the wrong hands without questioning the source. I find it hard to believe that a unit that took 11/12 points to draw two years ago when the season dates were not substantially more ideal, took 14 or more to draw this year.
Not that it will make you feel better but this is what 5bn early archery looked like last year for NR. I dont know the year before numbers but 14 is still a few points off.
Screenshot_20210320-225729_Chrome.jpg

Very much appreciated, bigbull. It definitely puts it into perspective, but I guess I was thinking that earlier 2021 dates would have corrected that point creep. Of course, that was a big assumption and we all know what that’s worth. Regardless, my confidence in the Arizona draw system is at an all-time low. I understand that some people will think it’s sour grapes. Point taken and well deserved if I get that feedback; however, trust is fickle and mine has faded.

Here is one example. Person has 7 bonus points and 1 loyalty. No hunter ed. They show 7 individual and 9 average. Years past individual and group points always matched the total number of points regardless if they were bonus hunter ed or loyalty. Suddenly this year they don't? And to top it off they're wrong.

View attachment 35573

After some digging, for the current draw period my screen splits the individual (species) and group (species/loyalty/hunter-ed) points as you show. Mine are the same for Elk (7 and 9).

Looking at my earlier apps (Javi spring of 2021) the two point columns show only the species points, no hunter-ed point.

The 2020 Fall Javi app shows only the species points in both columns. Fall Deer app shows the same, species points only in both columns.

I have to go back to the 2020 mid winter draw (Elk) before it shows my total points, species/loyalty/hunter-ed, in both point columns (8).

Looking at the actual "points" page on the portal, all my points (species/loyalty/hunter-ed) are shown correctly.

Last edited:
When I click on my draw results & then click details it says Individual Bonus Points 13. I have 15 counting Hunter Ed & Loyalty points. In small print on lower left corner it says Group Average Bonus points 15 for this application. I applied alone so they used all my points for this draw. It does the same thing on my Pronghorn application. Kind of a weird way to show points.
When I check the "details" on my app just like you explained, it shows my both my Individual and Bonus Points and Group Bonus Point as 0. This is not correct. But the draw is history, and I am screwed.

We spend years accumulating point and deferring good hunts so that we may have a chance at a great hunt. It is a shame that the AZGFD has put us all in this position.

When I check the "details" on my app just like you explained, it shows my both my Individual and Bonus Points and Group Bonus Point as 0. This is not correct. But the draw is history, and I am screwed.

We spend years accumulating point and deferring good hunts so that we may have a chance at a great hunt. It is a shame that the AZGFD has put us all in this position.
What position?

I show 0 in the individual points and 1 for group points on my Antelope app; this was my 1st year applying for antelope and I only have a hunter-ed point for that species.

I just checked two accounts. They show correctly for hunter ed, loyalty, and bonus going into the draw.
However a bonus point for NOT drawing this year has not been added.

Never mind I even asked!!!! I see they gave me a extra point this year! my bad :)
Dang, they were throwing out free points! Still didn’t help you. Lol

This whole draw is a joke. So far I’ve read across the boards....Guys getting extra points. Guys getting no points. Guys having strangers added to their app. Guys getting charged for wrong amount. Guys getting charged for multiple hunts but show not drawn in portal. Guy with an intentional bad cc and still gets drawn.....sheesh, what a disaster!

Last edited:
Question guys...me and my hunting buddy both noticed it says we have no bonus points and didn’t recieve one. Is this just another snafu in their draw program? Or do I need to get on the horn? I should have 5 points now and my account shows 0. Don’t want to be the 500th guy to call them about the same subject

Question guys...me and my hunting buddy both noticed it says we have no bonus points and didn’t recieve one. Is this just another snafu in their draw program? Or do I need to get on the horn? I should have 5 points now and my account shows 0. Don’t want to be the 500th guy to call them about the same subject
This year’s point won’t show up for awhile. But yeah, your portal should at least show the 4. Many are reporting the same issue. I’d be on the phone.

edit: this year’s points are now in.

Last edited:
Never had a bit of problem at all with mine. Just checked, and is updated today with correct new point totals

My points still are incorrect, show as zero. I am going to give them until the end of the week then I will start lighting up their phones.

Did they ever get your points corrected?
My total still shows zero. Unbelievable they are running such a garbage system. No way that this years draw was true and fair. The only way Id believe it is by seeing an audit of the applicants and the point totals AZ used for each of them.

When I applied they charged me for 2 NR licenses. I called them yesterday for the 3rd time they still have not credited me back.
On the bright side I did draw a tag.
Just tell them mail me a tag, tell them it’s on oil can !! I’ll take it ? Sounds like Arizona was a **** storm for elk and antelope, hope they get it straight for deer cause that’s where I’ll try and actually draw and not just the point option I did for elk !!?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom