Credit Card Hits

I have no doubt they will eventually figure this out. However, the Folks that may have had their Credit Cards compromised since the original CC update deadline might be in a bit of a mess! They may simply have to try contacting people with declined cards like they used to do.

I should go ahead and post my CC got hit on a new post. I just know it's gonna happen any minute now!

I realize they put up a disclaimer/announcement sometime Friday, but does anyone else find the complete radio silence to be not very becoming? I mean I'm sure by this point, someone has a half an idea whether it's going to be Thursday or 3 weeks from now. The fact that there hasn't been any update since last Friday tells me it's more likely that it's going to be a while.

It's not really a big deal today, but I also would like to know before the NM deadline.

I realize they put up a disclaimer/announcement sometime Friday, but does anyone else find the complete radio silence to be not very becoming? I mean I'm sure by this point, someone has a half an idea whether it's going to be Thursday or 3 weeks from now. The fact that there hasn't been any update since last Friday tells me it's more likely that it's going to be a while.

It's not really a big deal today, but I also would like to know before the NM deadline.
...and I’d like to know before the UT deadline in 2 days!

Horniac

My bonus points got updated today. Only showing 1 loyalty point and 1 hunters ed point. Hopefully that is a good sign.

For my niece that wasn't a good sign. It just meant their screwed up system didn't bring her points over. But I hope your case is different!

It is interesting how some people's are totally backwards from others. My BPs have shown correctly since I got my new login just fine, but I still show did not apply. Some people show applied but their bonus points aren't there.

It would appear it's not a single global issue.

No changes in my portal. Shows my applications and bonus points the same as it did a few weeks ago. I was expecting to have results before the Utah deadline.

Another day of waiting..
There must some guy in a dimly lit room with a green visor on pulling names out of a barrel, writing down their name and credit card number, filling out the tag info, licking the envelope putting the stamp on driving it to the post office and then moving on to the next...

Good grief, what happened to local government in Arizona? Almost overnight it seems the entire state became incapable of executing government functions that they have carried out for years....it's bizarro world there now.

Apparently your portal account will show your bonus points updated every day that you log into it.
I saw that. There were people that reported that their app was showing but bonus points were not. Some of those seemed to be resolving as time passes. So far my points were there from the get-go, but still no app showing. I did apply the day before the cutoff so I am towards the end to update I would think.

I can see my app and my points, and funny thing is after they fixed it I got back all my loyalty points that I lost a couple years ago for missing one year. :)

Another day of waiting..
There must some guy in a dimly lit room with a green visor on pulling names out of a barrel, writing down their name and credit card number, filling out the tag info, licking the envelope putting the stamp on driving it to the post office and then moving on to the next...
I believe this would be more efficient than what is happening now. He just pulled out #173. Only 179,827 more to go!!

Welcome to CaliforniaAz!!
Messed up regulation and more messed up regulation. All without a fail proof system in place...

50axp4.jpg

Obviously not happening today. Thinking it's about time for everyone to start calling again. Glad I'm not in the real mix for a UT tag so I could just throw in a hail marry app there.

BTW I saw on the AZ F&G facebook page where people had already said their cards had been cancelled in this window so they are just assuming they are now SOL.

I have a $100 charge on my card from california that I didn't make but I have to leave it there until G&F starts hitting cards. Contacted card Co. and they want to cancel the card and reissue a new one but I said never mind until az results are out.

My level of concern has gone up dramatically.

What a joke! Many of us predicted that this draw would be a total cluster given AZGFD's wonderful idea to make changes right before the largest drawing of the year. Hope they learn from their mistakes and improve going forward, but not holding my breath.

I will feel good about this mess if I draw an elk tag!! :ROFLMAO:

Why hasn’t anyone played the joke screaming in caps lock that their card got hit while everybody is so uptight as of late?! That would throw many into an emotional tailspin. Lol

my guess is cards will get charged tmw afternoon. Good luck!

Just checked. Still no 2021 apps showing in my portal. I'm going to check it a few times a day to see if my apps show before the credit cards are hit.

At least you can get into your account THEY have sent a dozen new password's to me and the password's still wouldn't let access my account. They finally told me to wait and it will get fixed as soon as their tech can get to it.
2 weeks later still waiting

At least you can get into your account THEY have sent a dozen new password's to me and the password's still wouldn't let access my account. They finally told me to wait and it will get fixed as soon as their tech can get to it.
2 weeks later still waiting
I've got the same problem, now I can send a request to reset the password but no email comes through.

Just checked. Still no 2021 apps showing in my portal. I'm going to check it a few times a day to see if my apps show before the credit cards are hit.
Today's check of the portal still showed no 2021 app and all of my pts were there.

Where did you hear Mid-May? I've not seen anything beyond the AZGFD notice. SWAG doesn't count for much in my book. do you have a link, or something similiar?

so the two computer systems, portal and main database, need a human to verify the applications before they talk to each other? that is really putting technology to work! genius!

so the two computer systems, portal and main database, need a human to verify the applications before they talk to each other? that is really putting technology to work! genius!
My understanding from around January was the new system was to be used for the elk/pronghorn draw. I think I saw something on the G&F website that said that, but not 100%. Around that time frame, the issues with portal, licensing, and points systems not communicating arose and G&F decided to use the old/current system. It appears since the application system had already started, there was no going back, but they couldn't go forward.

Now they're verifying everything manually. Just MHO. Sorta like a recount in GA, PA, and AZ! :)

Now if I draw my 1/2b/2c tag, this will be a great system!! :) :)

All I originally wondered when I started this thread was when the card hits would occur. Since we are past that date by a couple weeks, who can guess when it will occur?? I guess the 18th of March!

The card hit date is not in regulation, nor is it published by the dept. Tags will be mailed by April 2, a published date, and cards can be hit any time up to a point that allows them to complete their audits and mail tags within that timeframe.
If the only real date that matters is April 2, then why publish a hard deadline date on updating credit cards? Why Feb 25? Why not March 1? Or March 13? Or March 26? Or April 1?

If cards can be hit any time, why not keep the update function open until they’re ready? Simply post an update on their website/email stating the ability to update cards will expire soon.

They messed up here and everyone is using the April 2 date as cover.

If the only real date that matters is April 2, then why publish a hard deadline date on updating credit cards? Why Feb 25? Why not March 1? Or March 13? Or March 26? Or April 1?

If cards can be hit any time, why not keep the update function open until they’re ready? Simply post an update on their website/email stating the ability to update cards will expire soon.

They messed up here and everyone is using the April 2 date as cover.
Anyone who does not understand that there is a serious problem does not truly understand software and or IT systems. I've been in the software business for more than 2 decades. I can assure you with 100% confidence that there has been a major failure in the draw process. If you want to think otherwise or try to make justifications for them that's your choice, but I've seen this same scenario play out 100 times over the years.

JFYI there are some of you that woulda, shoulda, did draw your dream tag, but won't end up with it and you'll never know or be the wiser. Only ones that will know that are a few tech. folks that are only going to cover their ass.

Anyone who does not understand that there is a serious problem does not truly understand software and or IT systems. I've been in the software business for more than 2 decades. I can assure you with 100% confidence that there has been a major failure in the draw process. If you want to think otherwise or try to make justifications for them that's your choice, but I've seen this same scenario play out 100 times over the years.

JFYI there are some of you that woulda, shoulda, did draw your dream tag, but won't end up with it and you'll never know or be the wiser. Only ones that will know that are a few tech. folks that are only going to cover their ass.
Yup, 10 days now since they’ve locked the CC update function. Guaranteed more than a handful of guys have invalid cards now.

The card hit date is not in regulation, nor is it published by the dept. Tags will be mailed by April 2, a published date, and cards can be hit any time up to a point that allows them to complete their audits and mail tags within that timeframe.
Kind of defeats the purpose of “update your credit cards by this date” doesn’t it? If you had an update time set you probably ought to charge very close to that. Imagine you lose your credit card or it gets compromised 5 days after the set update time. Be funny if someone didn’t get a coveted tag because they had to cancel the card they had on file.

My card was canceled due to fraud. $2700 worth of fraudulent charges. Both my son and I are SOL!!!
Mine cancelled also, fortunately for me I wasn’t in legitimate running or a super primo tag, worst case scenario for me I miss out on a late season elk tag.

Yup, 10 days now since they’ve locked the CC update function. Guaranteed more than a handful of guys have invalid cards now.
And that's why they have a hard date for updates. Nobody I know is saying they just decided to bypass the date. Customers are now relying on the portal to show their info, correctly, even though it isn't connected. As such, I've heard they aren't going to run the draw until they fix that. I suspect they'll open the cc update link once they have the portal info updated. They are fully aware some cards have been canceled but, since they're entering customer info by hand, it may be a while.

Invalid card rejection due to fraudulent activity doesn't necessarily mean you won't get the tag(the following is the reason they started charging cards soon after the update deadline). Happened to me several years ago. My card was part of a major credit card theft that made the news. I drew a bonus pass antelope tag and was rejected. I wrote the commission and a few department contacts and explained the situation. A few weeks later I ended up with tag #6 in a 5 tag antelope unit. Of course you have to actually have been drawn and rejected for this to work, and the unit biologist has to sign off on it. I want to say there were about 20 other people that got tags the same way that year.

How would you know that your name was pulled but rejected because the card was invalid?. Once a card is shut down, I don't get updates each time a charge is attempted. Does anyone else?
Invalid card rejection due to fraudulent activity doesn't necessarily mean you won't get the tag(the following is the reason they started charging cards soon after the update deadline). Happened to me several years ago. My card was part of a major credit card theft that made the news. I drew a bonus pass antelope tag and was rejected. I wrote the commission and a few department contacts and explained the situation. A few weeks later I ended up with tag #6 in a 5 tag antelope unit. Of course you have to actually have been drawn and rejected for this to work, and the unit biologist has to sign off on it. I want to say there were about 20 other people that got tags the same way that year.

The problem is many people with canceled cards will never know if they drew or not. Only the ones that had more bonus points than what are listed when the draw results are eventually posted will be able to prove they drew but were rejected. 80% of the tags are random, so at least 4 out of 5 guys who get there card canceled during this time period will likely never find out.
I would like to think they will call all the people with declined cards and give them the chance to provide a different card but that will only delay the results more for the rest of us.

When youre the one that makes the april 2nd deadline, you are also the one that can change it if you don't make the deadline.

I would like to think they will call all the people with declined cards and give them the chance to provide a different card but that will only delay the results more for the rest of us.
And that is a possibility as well.
The dept can tell you if your app was rejected because of a cancelled card.

That's the only fair solution at this point. We'll see if they agree.
Not sure I would reopen any of the systems - portal, application, draw - after manually entering ~200,000 applications. Might just open up another tech fiasco.

I think calling or e-mailing those with a rejected card would be a better option. How many could it be? 100? 500? 1,000? Related topic, how many total bull elk tags are allocated each year?

A statement from AZGFD regarding how rejected cards will be handled would help ease the tension. Even if they say "tough luck," at least we'd know.

I think I'll go check and see if my card got hit... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom