Crowded Areas?

DBLung

We all feel the area we hunt is to crowded with other hunters.
What are the most crowded areas you've seen?

My Choice is.

Southern; Pahvant (Northern)
Sutheatern; Manti Lasal (above Ephraim)
Central; Top of Diamond Fork / Waters
North Eastern; Strawberry
Northern; Oakley (Smith and Morehouse)

Yes I have hunted these areas and if you think it is an attempt to stop people from hunting them thats fine. I gave up on utah a long time ago.

Way to go, you just gave away the secret spots of nearly everyone that hunts in Utah. Ha, Ha.

Good luck finding a place to park.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-03-11 AT 01:03PM (MST)[p]>Way to go, you just gave
>away the secret spots of
>nearly everyone that hunts in
>Utah. Ha, Ha.
>
>Good luck finding a place to
>park.

Absolutly Right!!

The words "secret and everyone" seem to be exactly why they are so crowded.

If you think thats crowded try No Slope for open bull. Now thats a lot of hunters.

Utah is the only state with crowding issues. The grass is always green over there.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling
up anyway."

Franklin Basin up Logan Canyon.

If you want a place to sit, you have to bring your own rock.

Grizzly

Try some of the public land in the east half of the country. People everywhere.

208JBB...LOVE it! (Although there are several roads in Unit 54 that should make your list.)

The most-crowded place I ever hunted (for about 3 hours until I was too fed up and left) was the opening day of elk season near Enterprise, Oregon.

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Either Logan Canyon area or Monte......holy crap. I stopped hunting about 8 years ago because of it. Good thing I moved to Montana 5 years ago and re-kindled the desire.

"That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

California D-11 gets alot of people in some easy to access places. Most people dont wear blaze orange either. So glassing is pretty exciting when you see so much movement. But its all people!

One I forgot to mention.

HENRY MOUNTAINS!!!!!!!! It doesn't matter what time of the year or if you have a tag. There will always be way to many people running arround. For every tag holder there are 50 others helping or offering to help. Everyone is a guide licensed or not.

I used to have my antelope area absolutely to myself. Wouldn't see anyone, even on opening day. It's getting bad! Last year I saw 3, maybe 4 trucks!

Doug Miller, bless his little heart, Gave up a lot of areas that were little known. Every year there was a big buck taken in a great public otc area. He talked about 2 areas that I hunted. You wouldn't beieve the amount of out-of-state traffic that we got and still get. Once everybody moves in (like monte back in the late 90's) the number of deer over all drops like crazy then after 5 years of crappy hunting nobody but the die hards hunt there any more. I saw that on monte and where I hunt now. Right now is year 7 after the area I bow hunt was featured on his show.

I'm not slamming the guy at all. may he RIP

It was a big bodied 2 point.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-08-11 AT 07:42AM (MST)[p]Just ask the guys in southern Utah and they will say archery hunt down there. Maybe 3,000 hunters but hey the 20,000 rifle hunters that hunt the southern unit aren't crowded. Go figure!

I hunt elk on the north slope. And hunt deer on the Manti. DAMN I am the problem!!!! Seriously though, we usually kill at least one bull on the slope every year, and one decent buck on the manti. These areas are more tradition than great hunting, but by hunting them year after year we have learned some things. We hunt up hill on the slope, and we don't get to far from the cooler on the manti(there, I shared info). But the most crowded place on earth is Ogden Bay on opening morning of duck season, without a doubt, and because we know its a shoot and not a hunt, it is a blast, every dog named "you son of a #####", getting sprayed, seeing how few birds can be brought down per shot fired, its a good time, although I have missed it with elk opener lately. Hunt the north slope on tuesday, and Manti the same and its not bad at all.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom