Culls, to shoot or not to shoot?

AfricanAddiction

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos_2018/4142511b523011974493d9873cb28e5bb747b.jpeg

Quite slow on this forum so just throwing out some random questions.

What is your take on shooting culls in Africa?

For me, I am not there to hunt/shoot culls. Just not my thing.

On the flip side when the PH says that is a cull and you can shoot him for free so I have meat for the village. I was happy to oblige.

The Blue W that I included is a cull. He was with a herd of Impala we were stalking. Jason said the Impala ram was not as big as he thought and this Blue W was old, past his prime and had terrible genetics in regards to horn size. I took him, the camp was happy and my cost the cost to ship the euro skull home. Happy to have in my trophy room. I always ask people is this a cull or a trophy? Good conversation starter for those having never been to Africa.

This forum has just started getting more hunters who travel to Africa so I think it will grow.

I did a few culls for the first time this trip to Namibia and there is some good cull deals over there.

I never got to hunt with Jason but did talk with him about a trip. He seemed like a great guy and it was sad to see he passed.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom