curious of doe hunt in Cache?

ThunderImpulse4

I have always wondered about if Utah were to have a doe hunt in Cache county. How it would effect the population. i am not talking about a huge hunt but like 300 tags.

I have noticeed there is by far many many more does than bucks. what is your personal opinion on this question?

Don't pass on the first day if you would shoot it the last day

"what is your personal opinion on this question?"

Um...I don't think I've ever thought about killing a doe so...??

~Z~

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-10 AT 09:58PM (MST)[p]so you are suggesting we go out and wipe out the entire deer population.

why would you want to hunt does on a struggling deer herd. If you want to keep population objectives under objective you kill does. You don't kill them if they are under objective. you let them live!

think about it
killing 300 does
wich will kill 2 fawns for each doe = 300x2=600+300=900 the first year.

let them live and your deer population grows like a pyrmide scheme.

4a7d1f93337c7fd7.jpg

Nets are for fish!!

The Cache unit is the last place I would ever want a doe hunt.
If you want a good doe hunt, go West to "Howell Valley" and get permission to take one of the 1000s of does over there in the alfalfa fields.

not a good idea to kill doe's in cache.

But killing 300 will not result in 900 in the first year. NOt all doe's will give birth. and the ones that do, not all will have two fawns!

>The Cache unit is the last
>place I would ever want
>a doe hunt.
>If you want a good doe
>hunt, go West to "Howell
>Valley" and get permission to
>take one of the 1000s
>of does over there in
>the alfalfa fields.

No, bad idea.

Well I have been over toward Hardware ranch all week hiking around and have seen about 150 deer. Most deer on the cache winter in Blacksmith fork, if you think 300 is nothing you are wrong. A doe hunt will never happen while the state is cutting back the season dates to get the herd built up. Maybe in ten on so years they will have a doe hunt up there.

Look at it this way the paunsaugunt with its massive herds struggles to get a doe hunt out of the DWR.

Dillon

hey there is no reason to bash on me. i just have always wondered about it. not serious just curious.

"I'm not talking about a huge hunt but like 300 tags"

Thunder you need to get a grip, all you want to do is shoot at what ever moves. I don't live in Utah but almost EVERY post you've done is about nothing but an easy kill. Get off your dads computer, let your nuts drop and go find out what a cold beer is all about.

>>The Cache unit is the last
>>place I would ever want
>>a doe hunt.
>>If you want a good doe
>>hunt, go West to "Howell
>>Valley" and get permission to
>>take one of the 1000s
>>of does over there in
>>the alfalfa fields.
>
>
>No, bad idea.

Is there a reason this is a bad idea? I don't think there is a place in N. Utah with more "doe heads" than Howell Valley. The place is over run with deer. That's why they started the doe hunts over there last year.
I personally don't like doe hunts anywhere with our current herd conditions, but in places that deer pops are causing problems like Howell Valley, it's a good idea to take some does out.
If someone is "SET" on taking a doe, than that's where I would recommend going.

marcopolo you make me laugh. how do you know i just want to shoot something just to kill it? last year i helped more people tag out than hours i got to hunt for myself and when i did hunt i hunting like it was the last day. i havent tagged out on anything becuase i have helped my buds.

you wouldnt know who i am or how i do thing so dont at like you do. grow up.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom