CVA Firebolt orThunderbolt 50 cal???

TheKnack

Very Active Member
I am new to the muzzleloading thanks to some friendly advice from a fellow MM. I wanted to know what good or bad anyone has to say on the 50 caliber CVA Firebolt?
Also it says it has fiber optic sights.
Colorado says that fiber optic paint is ok but I am not sure it is the same thing.
Any thoughts on what a guy on a budget can get for a reasonable price that is legal?

Colorado stipulates-
In-line muzz are legal
Antelope/deer/bear must use 40 caliber or larger
Elk/Moose must be 50 caliber or larger
40 and 50 caliber must use bullets at least 170 grains
shotshell primers are legal
Pelletized powder systems are illegal
Cannot be loaded from the breech
Only open sights are allowed. Artificial light,batteries and electronic gear are illegal.
Sabots are illegal
Smokeless powder is illegal/ Black Powder,Pyrodex-granulated not pellets, clean shot and triple7 are legal.

I am muzzleloader stupid and need to have some models pointed out that are legal.
I guess I could always swap out the fiber optic sights if need be.
Any help and wisdom would be appreciated.
Thanks,
TheKnack-Jerry

Looking at your "topic header" listed above.... are you aware that the White Thunderbolt 209 is $400 more than the CVA Firebolt? I must admit that's the first time I seen somebody post such a wide price rifle variation when trying to select which one to buy. Most people who look at Lincolns or Cadillacs will avoid the Chevrolet & Ford dealers.

This one's a "no-brainer" TheKnack.... the White Thunderbolt (or anything that says White) are superior blackpowder guns. I want one when I grow up!

Honey!.. I swear I got that stainless rifle free from an elderly widow at work that recently lost her husband.. I would never lie to you babycakes!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom