Cva paramount stock question???

pauns08

I've been considering buying the cva paramount but I hate the big heavy adjustable green stock that comes on it so my question is has anyone replaced the original stock with another stock? The top of the action of the paramount fits Remington 700 rings so could a guy just buy any short action Remington 700 stock with a sendero cut barrel channel? They have the paramount pro now which is about exactly what I want but it is roughly $1700 versus $900 or so for the paramount, figured a guy could save $500 or so by just buying a new stock if that's even an option?

I have the paramount with the adjustable green stock. I’m actually happy with the ugly green stock and wouldn’t change the stock even if I was given a better looking one that was just as functional for free. If I have a gun that is shooting and functioning well, I’m not going to risk chang anything to improve the look or decrease the weight by a pound.

I’m sure you could buy an aftermarket stock and put it on there, however you may have to make some modifications to make it fit correctly. I think the best thing to do is call or email CVA directly.

If you want to save money, buying a used paramount or new CVA Accura LR-X are other options I would recommend looking at. Finding a used paramount online for a good price shouldn’t be to hard. Unless you live in a liberal state with dumb gun laws, you can have most muzzleloaders shipped to your front door without going through an FFL.

Speaking of that stock, if one were to drill and tap the receiver for a good click adjustable rear sight (like a Lyman 48) and good target front sight, would the comb adjust low enough for iron sights?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom