CVA Wolf Accuracy

Slayer

What is considered to be accurate for the CVA wolf or any other similar muzzleloader. I am shooting the wolf at 100 yards and have groups the size of baseball with a rest. Is that good or should something be adjusted? Shooting 250 gr bullet with 100 gr Triple 7 powder. Maybe its what I get with the Konus scope it came with?

My experience. Just a few threads down

I shoot a CVA PLAINS RIFLE and Leopold scope and 110grs of Buckhorn 209, 250gr Barnse sabot shoots 1inch groups at 100 all day long if I do my part. You should be able to tighten that up some, good luck

What is considered to be accurate for the CVA wolf or any other similar muzzleloader. I am shooting the wolf at 100 yards and have groups the size of baseball with a rest. Is that good or should something be adjusted? Shooting 250 gr bullet with 100 gr Triple 7 powder. Maybe its what I get with the Konus scope it came with?
I am guessing you are using pellets. In that case, where you cannot tweak your powder load, try a different bullet or sabot.

Your current load is good. Might even be fine out to 150 yards, if you adjust your sights accordingly and practice further-out than 100 yards..

I have the CVA optima V2 with the Konus 275. I shoot 100gr triple 7 pellets and 295gr powerbelt hollow point. Shoots very well for me. Clean ever 3 shots I shoot 1.5in group at 100 2in at 150 and 3in at 250.

None of my shots have been past 130yrds on deer. And it hits HARD!

For me a baseball is pretty good group at 100yds. Please realize that's with conicals, factory rifle sites, and off shooting sticks.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom