CVA Wolf/Blackhorn 209

250 grains powder is going to depend on your rifle. Start at 75 and increase till you did the sweet spot for a deer load.

you are about to enter the s***storm of powerbelt hatred here on MM ! they shoot great at the range but most here will tell you they explode on impact, thus limiting penetration. .... ha ha.

i shoot a CVA accura with 100 gr by volume of BH 209 with the Federal bor loc 350 lead bullet.

Don't wait to lose an animal before switching from Powerbelts.

I use 85 grains Goex FFF volume with a 295gr Powerbelt. Your load is too hot for Powerbelt cups. Accuracy will be off-the-map...... oops, I mean target.

I run 74 gr by weight of bh209 with a 300 Parker be which is 100 gr by volume in my cva wolf. If my memory is right it put me at 1850 FPS (chronied).

84 by weight that seems a little too hot.

I run 84 gr by weight of bh209 with the 280 gr elr powerbelt in a sabot out of my 50 caliber cva accura v2 LR and it does amazing out to 400 yards. Everyone is saying that's too much powder and not enough bullet but I'd like to know their reason behind it? You guys realize they designed a gun (paramount) to shoot this exact combo and they are flying off the shelves so obviously it's a pretty good combo.

OBVIOUSLY they sell it so it must be good?! That is not logic, that is marketing.
How much energy do u retain at 400 yds? Have you tried getting closer to game you want to kill? My last 2 mz shots were both around 40 yds.

I'm using 100 gr by volume of BH209 pushing a 300 gr Thor bullet with .500" diameter. This combination has been working well for my mzl out to my range limit of 150 yards using open sights. This combination is Colorado legal.

Good luck!

I run 84 gr by weight of bh209 with the 280 gr elr powerbelt in a sabot out of my 50 caliber cva accura v2 LR and it does amazing out to 400 yards. Everyone is saying that's too much powder and not enough bullet but I'd like to know their reason behind it? You guys realize they designed a gun (paramount) to shoot this exact combo and they are flying off the shelves so obviously it's a pretty good combo.

who is saying too much powder and why?

Recoil?
More than gun is designed for?
Not burning all the powder? Which depends on barrel length and bullet weight (caliber has an affect as well). 84 get gr by weight is not enough not too burn in a 30" barrel (believe that is what V2 LR has).

I have a custom smokeless .45 with a 28" barrel that I shoot sabotless 270 gr Parker Emax for deer over 105 gr by weight of BH209 (not suggested for non smokeless guns). If I go much over that I will start getting unburnt powder. I have a brake on mine to reduce the recoil probably down to like a 7 mag.

OBVIOUSLY they sell it so it must be good?! That is not logic, that is marketing.
How much energy do u retain at 400 yds? Have you tried getting closer to game you want to kill? My last 2 mz shots were both around 40 yds.
Let me rephrase that I'm shooting steel out to 400 yards, I've only taken two deer with this setup and both were under 75 yards, i wouldn't shoot an animal with it that far.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom