CWD article: will it infect humans someday?

Recently sat with our county public health nurse who has been researching this and she reported to our county commissioners that CWD in humans is the same virus, or whatever, as mad cow which we have 2 confirmed deaths in our country from in the recent past. However, no livestock have tested positive but both victims did consume a deer that tested positive for CWD. Seems there is some science between a link between species POSSIBLY bridging the gap.

I am still out on this as I have not found any supporting information other than the word of our local public health nurse of which though I have a high level of confidence in. Smart gal that doesn't talk out of her arse and gives it straight.

Dunno yet...

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

If that story is 100% accurate, then she needs to report that to the CDC.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

>Recently sat with our county public
>health nurse who has been
>researching this and she reported
>to our county commissioners that
>CWD in humans is the
>same virus, or whatever, as
>mad cow which we have
>2 confirmed deaths in our
>country from in the recent
>past. However, no livestock have
>tested positive but both victims
>did consume a deer that
>tested positive for CWD. Seems
>there is some science between
>a link between species POSSIBLY
>bridging the gap.
>
>I am still out on this
>as I have not found
>any supporting information other than
>the word of our local
>public health nurse of which
>though I have a high
>level of confidence in. Smart
>gal that doesn't talk out
>of her arse and gives
>it straight.
>
>Dunno yet...
>
>
>"Courage is being scared to death
>but
>saddling up anyway."

What state was this in if I can ask

>This guy has less credibility than
>Captain Kangaroo...totally false.
>
>>LAST EDITED ON Feb-17-19
>>AT 06:44?PM (MST)

>>
>>Heard they found a cure.
>>
>>https://meanwhileinmontana.com/has-...mzTkPt7NGJfth8TAZZ1rzF5IlHd24ehDhS5cTsqweTo24
>>
>>
>>
>>#livelikezac

Lol! He's no different than most of the current CWD experts. Nothing they've tried has had any affect other than lowering localized populations. In the end we'll probably just need to let natural selection do what it's done since time began.

#livelikezac

Colorado Division of Wildlife first started CWD in Fort Collins CO back in 1967 and 68 by experimenting with feeding deer animal feed then when things went to S**t they tried to blame the Elk Ranchers for it. If you look at the maps of it's spread it started in the NE corner of Colorado then took off heading west and south through the state. Now it's heading east across the northern US.
Colorado Parks & Wildlife acts like it just started in Colorado and that's all they know about it, believe me they know everything about the disease how it started how they burnt the pens trying to kill the disease the problem was they turned the deer loose that had the disease

LAST EDITED ON Apr-15-19 AT 08:26AM (MST)[p]Tailchaser

You balled up your post

Mad Cow disease and CDW are similar but not the same.
There has never been a confirmed case of CWD in humans.
Mad Cow disease has killed 2 humans but not in this country.

Pay attention to details son.

There is pretty solid evidence that it started in the CSU deer pens in the 60s and spread to other areas in the continental US. That said, there have been outbreaks in other countries that can't be linked to those first animals here.

Also, I have not heard anyone from CPW department claim it wasn't the CSU experiment gone awry that caused it to start in Colorado. The people that claim that are usually linked to deer breeders that want restrictions lifted. They want you to believe it started "naturally" and so it is everywhere already so travel restrictions should be lifted.

There are only 2 areas where the disease has been detected in Texas: West Texas and the pandhandle where it has migrated naturally from infected herds in New Mexico. And deer farms, where it was carried to Texas in a trailer. There have been thousands of other tests done on deer in Texas and those are the only positive areas so far.

The reason I brought this thread back up was due to the article that I just posted that seems to indicate that the prions are mutating. Where or not they can mutate enough to infect humans, no one knows, but it would be extremely bad if it were ever to make that jump.

txhunter58

venor, ergo sum (I hunt, therefore I am)

My Brother had a real good friend that was the head of DOW in Alaska. He was a avid hunter and he ate game meat all the time and he ended up dying fairly young of Mad Cow Disease.
But that could of be a coincidence who knows?
Just kinda scary and like I said Colorado DOW has been very silent about this.
In my opinion they should be the ones that should be heading up the research with other states that have CWD to come up with an answer, but then just look at what that would do to hunting. Better to just set back and play dumb.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom