Cwmu moose

Muleman1

Very Active Member
Has anyone hunted this CWMU and seen any moose my buddy drew it this year just asking what caliber of moose to expect to see it's called grass valley/ Clark canyon

Have him call the operator. He seems like a good guy and is willing to give you the information you're after. From what I've seen, it's a decent moose unit. I've applied for it in the past but switched back to the Wasatch this year. How many points did your friend have?

I have friends that guide on that unit, and there’s a chance I might be guiding it this year. I can ask around and see what the situation is.

My Dad drew that CWMU in 2020 - he killed a small bull, but it was a down year and they did not see any big bulls while hunting. The operator is great and does everything right and it is one of the better run CWMUs in the program, but as is the case with most CWMUs, you can't scout before your hunt, which is why I will never hunt a CWMU. That is ok for some.

Tell your buddy to definitely attend the orientation meeting they hold in August where they will show him the entire CWMU and show him some good areas that hold moose. I am guessing there are a few good bulls around and he should have a good hunt.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom