CWMU-Skull Crack question.

rmanwill

Long Time Member
Have points to draw this CWMU possibly this year or within a few. Never know with the limited numbers of permits.

Currently reaching out to operator-Clint and area biologist to research it. Have heard good thing in past and have been putting in numerous times in past.

Just wondering if any MM friends have hunted it in the past and how the hunt went and how they treated you?

Thanks in advance for any responses. Just don't want to be that guy to draw and be called out for not researching prior?

I drew a Moose tag in 2018 and it was a great hunt. Clint was very helpful and easy to work with. In early August he drove me around and showed me the unit and a few areas to focus on. I shot a great bull on the fourth day of the hunt and have no regrets putting in for Skull Crack. Good Luck!
Don’t tease us! Post a pic of the moose!

Given 7 people with 25 put in last year and none drew i would guess they would be putting in again with 26.... so your odds are not too good.... I would rather hunt the Wasatch, Cache or Ogden which you should be able to draw.

AA08F3D8-EB49-4689-B198-E723AEA6698C.jpeg

They hauled a lot of cow moose out of the place and traded for bighorn sheep. It’s not what it once was.
Draw odds started getting a lot worse last 5 years. Wonder why?
Great bull ! You did good!

Haven’t been back since. But looks like some killed pretty good ones.
You referring to recently or a dozen plus years ago when they traded with Colorado and took numerous moose from this general area? I remember this back then and several CWMU units were really effected in quility for quit some time.

Last edited:
Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom